I was on the receiving end of a very expensive overseas call on Monday with my darling Chelsea Dunstan out in old London. The main gist of the discussion was style basics... and how they needn't be so basic. We were running through some examples:
- your average tank top could be a more interesting cut

- the entire atmosphere of a look can be changed with a simple reshuffle of accessoires

- the pattern of your tights - who cares if it's summer - could potentially be killer

BUT the most important thing we established was that shoes do, contrary to any other belief, do in fact make or break an ensemble. So, without going into outrageous party-night-life shoes, we acknowledged that the basic shoes you wear all the time need to be:
- invincible (i.e. quality) AND
- chameleons BUT
- a statement AND
- immune to changing trends AND
- immune to changing seasons (as they do)
So after putting down the phone, I proceeded to procrastinate (meh... exams :D) for 10 minutes by browsing online catalogs of stores that I could potentially visit in the next few weeks. And I found the shoe that was potentially the epitome of Chels and I's entire phone conversation:
The possibilities blow my mind and these are next on my to-obtain list :)
Something to keep your day interesting... and potentially my longest blog post of all time :D
*love*
xx

















No comments:
Post a Comment