Saturday, 7 May 2011

Shine By Three x Paper Skye: SS11/12.

IMG_0385small
IMG_0637_2small
IMG_1209small
IMG_0492small
IMG_0512small
IMG_0925small
IMG_0981small
IMG_1137small
IMG_0679small
IMG_0846small
IMG_0403small
IMG_1076small
IMG_0452small

Those of you who've been reading/tweeting/facebooking will know that yesterday afternoon, Paper Skye's SS11/12 collection walked like it was nobody's business at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week. It was a fairly surreal to see the 12 looks I'd styled hung up on racks backstage, then floating down a runway towards some frenzied breed of photographers' pit. I can't even begin to imagine how designer Kirsten was feeling!

If you remember me mentioning that I'd shot the Paper Skye SS11/12 collection over the Easter weekend (and if don't) - here they are. Kirsten's pieces lend themselves so well to repeat layering, movement and any degree of light (as became so evident in yesterday's show) and were, as a result, such a joy to shoot despite the intermittent rain. It can hardly be a coincidence that my favourite transeasonal sheers, pleats, textured stripes and soft neutrals have been summarised in the one collection, so I hope you all enjoy these shots!

Do feel free to shoot me an email if you'd like higher res images and be sure to have a bit of a Paper Skye stalk at the website and Facebook page!

Thank you so much to the lovely Bespoke PR girls and Kirsten for this amazing opportunity (eternally grateful), and a huge congratulations to Kirsten for such a beautiful show yesterday! I'll have photos up for you all very soon - look what was in all the goody bags!

IMG_5454
IMG_5621

I get so dorkily excited about these things.

RAFW is well and truly done and dusted (including sleeping off the 5-day accumulation of waiting around, carrying a thousand bags and a damn heavy camera, chasing buses and cabs in wonderfully high Therapy heels, and other associated happy exhaustion). It was so wonderful meeting so many people who I've looked up to for who-knows-how-long... and some who I only realised I'd looked up to for years after the conversation had finished and they'd trotted off to a shiny black car somewhere :)

So many millions of photos and posts to come from a fantastic week! Thanks for all your sweet comments, tweets, likes and emails of support and general love!

*love*

xx

24 comments:

The Girl With a Feather said...

These photos are truly amazing. You look absolutely amazing as usual! I can't wait to see your styling!

Nicole said...

This is stunning. You could actually model you are that beautiful. Keep up the amazing styles! x

Unknown said...

Those photos are absolutely beautiful! Congrats on Fashion Week too :)

BusiChic said...

Hey, meant to say to you during RAFW but got lost in all the madness. Just wanted to say that it was gorgeous watching you see the show you styled coming down the RAFW runway - snapping away and quiet smiles - the show was beautiful and you should be so proud. Congrats to all. X

Alison said...

these are actually such beautiful photos, you did an amazinggg job styling!

<3 Alison
alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

Jewel said...

Lovely photos. xx

LDM said...

very modelesque!! and love all the styling. wish i can take amazing photos like these!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Toyin Lola said...

I how light the clothes look,, you look like a model

fashionistoyinlola.blogspot.com

Camilla said...

Your gorgeous, these are stunning

x Camilla

http://intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com/

rouli said...

like a really stunnin model!!!!!!!!!!

amazin looks love all of the looks!

Cris said...

hi margaret!!we really love your blog and your style, and the pics...are amazing¡¡

now following :)

kisses from madrid¡

http://www.loveshoppingandfashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

wow *-*/
all these photos are perfect!
I love your blog.

devin leiva said...

the photos are amazing I truly loved the white piece you had one && the sun glasses that flip open
xo
DOLLMEUP

Monroe Steele said...

wow..stunning...loveing the white number. you rocked the hell out of those photos. you are super lucky.

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Anonymous said...

Firstly, you are gorgeous, secondly I love your blog header, and thirdly you are gorgeous!

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

Wow that really must have been a surreal experience - I haven't seen the runway pics yet - but they shots you took, breathtaking!

Aki No Yuutsu said...

ahhh!!! beautiful photos!!! and the stuff is goody bags are awesome too!

Your Only Black Swan said...

the collection really suits you! you have landed such an amazing opportunity, my favourite shot is the one with your hair tucked in wearing the sheer sleeveless shirt! beautiful!

looking forward to your upcoming RAFW posts!

x Lauren
youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

eiphel mercedes said...

beautiful photos :D love your skirts and your glasse :)

Unknown said...

nice photos ,love your blog so much :)

http://girlynote.blogspot.com

Suvarna Gold said...

thank you so much
your blog is pretty

Unknown said...

thes pics are amazing, well I justdiscovered you're blog and it seems to be from a real professional.
love your style :)
I follow you!

xiaohan - xssat said...

Love love love your self portraits as usual! So gorgeous.

kim said...

OH! I love your glasses!!
xoxo