
The lines outside Alistair Trung yesterday were all whispers about not being sure what to expect. Sitting inside was a strange, conflicted sensation of being completely relaxed (with wonderful quantities of smoke creeping right up to our feet), yet at the same time, tense and anticipatory (the backing track frequency pushed the ear-split line at times). Once the performance (I'm not going to leave it at 'show') was underway, the audience reaction to every look was fairly audible for collective admiration of Alistair's highly artistic approach to contrasting fabrics, extensions of the natural lines of the body, and surreal billows of illuminated chiffons and silks that shifted in and out of the smoke. Even with the bolder blues, greens and yellows towards the end of the collection, the serenity was still there, which also made the leather pieces that much more special.
Someone behind me said, "This is what heaven looks like".
Fair point.












ELLERY was definitely another of yesterday's highlights (snaps to come), as was Stolen Girlfriends Club (and sitting behind the Vogue team... I'm so uncool).
I'm so excited about the Paper Skye show in New Gen #2 this afternoon! If you're around RAFW you'd better be there with a camera.
*love*
xx















11 comments:
Brilliant photos, the collection looks amazing. All that draping, colour and pattern = perfection :)
Day By Diva
Day By Diva
lovely photos! love your blog < 3 xoxo
Love flowy dresses..and the prints and colors..for me this collection is a win!
xx
Andy
The Black LAbel
You take gorgeous photos <3
I am in love with your photos! You captured the mood so perfectly and I'm in love with the draping and maxis!
Any thoughts on thoughts on the androginy model, who led the models in the finale? I actually didn't realize until I met him outside the venue!
Some great shots here M.Z.
I love this! Your photos are great too.
you can just barely see me in the media pit on the far left haha
Great photos and Neat post!
wanna follow each other!
My Lyfe ; My Story
MyLyfeMyStory on twitter
Amazing collection.
Been following you on twitter babe, sounds like you had an amazing experience at RAFW.
May I ask what was your favourite collection?
x
Post a Comment