
As we know, my weakness for vintage is almost (almost) as kapow as my weakness for shoes - a pretty significant contributor to this borderline obsession has been the beautiful finds of Miss Gurmeet Grewal (otherwise known as Gigi Vintage) based all the way across the world in the UK. What I've been falling for is the quirky, Grannie-eating-sequins type vibe floating about the shop, which I definitely lap up in the way of inspiration and wishlisting! I caught up with Miss Gigi herself about her vintage outlook:
The Beginning:
I’ve always had an extremely strong passion for fashion and my love for vintage clothing and accessories has grown since my days as a young girl raiding my mother’s and grandmother’s wardrobes. Being an avid vintage clothing shopper, both in the UK and around the world, I just felt there wasn’t a vintage boutique that was relevant to young catwalk trends, as well as a stockist of highly sought-after and unique pieces. The ever-increasing success of E-tail meant that there was definitely a gap in the market for a modern style online vintage clothing boutique which is what led me to set up GiGi Vintage (www.gigivintage.co.uk). I gave up my full-time job and scraped some funds together to design the website, travelled the world to handpick every product, photographed and styled the website imagery and worked with PR in time for the launch to place my brand on the fashion map. The website launched about 16 weeks ago and things are only looking up!

The Name:
GiGi Vintage was actually inspired by my own name. My initials are G.G. and (with a penchant for all things French!), I enhanced it by drawing on the French name, 'GiGi'. ‘GiGi Vintage’ had a great ring to it, a certain je ne sais quoi, so I decided it was the perfect name for my new business venture!
The Vibe:
Think electro glam meets punk rock meets catwalk style! All our original vintage pieces are handpicked from around the globe to bring you a covetable collection of hard-to-find pieces that are bang on trend. Not only that, but they are set against the backdrop of a clean-cut, user-friendly and professional website…
The Future:
The GiGi Vintage online boutique has only been live for a short while yet, so it is still in the very early stages. My biggest challenge at the minute is driving the right traffic to the website, so I aim to drastically increase awareness of the brand through the most appropriate and effective channels. I want GiGi Vintage to be the vintage boutique that everyone talks about, so PR is top of my list at present. I hope to branch out to other avenues further down the line, including a wider array of product categories on offer and perhaps even a vintage-style line of new clothing. Watch this space!

The Bloggers:
I love me some blog-reading and the fashion blogosphere is always expanding. It’s great to see the next generation of influential fashion forces making their mark in the world of blogging. As long as they have bags of personality, a keen eye and real panache, I’m hooked!
Thanks Gurmeet! Check out more of Gigi Vintage HERE. S0 many quality finds for both hemispheres! Although will you Fall/Winter-ers leave me some knits for next Winter?
*love*
xx















33 comments:
her vintage style is so great and inspiring!
so effortless and pretty. inspirational vintage looks are the best.
Scrapbook de la Emma
Love the red sweater...!!!!I want to buy one myself...Nice post..!
xxx
Angie
P.S:http://chasingkitesbyangie.blogspot.com/
i LOVe tHe ANiMaLe PRiNTs!!
(^,^)v
ViSiT Me:
www.aldoakira.blogspot.com
Beautiful pics!!..interesting interview
I didn´t know the brand so thanks for introducing me to it :)
http://fiercepty.blogspot.com/
xx
Andy
I love the vintage style :-)
Leopard prints!!! I love!!!
Lovely post! And I have a weakness for vintage too hehe
.
check out our fashion illustrations at http://www.illustrated-moodboard.com/ :)
Congratulations on you new vintage boutique! I like the name a lot. I'm sure you will do very well since you are so passionate and already show some good marketing and branding skills;)
http://aestheticlounge.blogspot.com/
I like vintage, too!
congrats!
Whoopsl, I mean, the congratulations should go to her...misread the first line...still very cool stuff, and I'm sure she appreciates your marketing help:)
You have lovely style, and your store is beautiful!
xx and hugs
Jhordyn
I love vintage too!!!! i am smitten by the first 2 photos in this post!!
amazing! loooooooooove vintage!
xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/
I love vintage clothes, but on other people. I never know how to wear it! But accesoires espacially vintage, I truelly adore it!
xx
www.fashionrnbw.blogspot
her style is awesome!
great post you have here!
Castor Pollux
cute pics! xo -nb
it's always great to find new vintage spots. I think any girl can agree that a good vintage piece can be just as amazing as a new pair of miu mius
paperwhales.blogspot.com/
Looks great, her style is awe inspiring and she is drop dead gorgeous :))
Feel free to visit my blog and if you wanna make me happy (or rather if MY blog makes YOU happy!! !:))) follow me <3
Vintage is my biggest love:) Love this style!
kisses
http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/
AMAZING <3
kiss kiss
Jessica :)
http://legoutdelamode.blogspot.com/
omg<3
those heels are incredible
Thanks for your comment!! Gorgeous pictures!! Adore animal print!!
I like your blog. Follow you!!
Kisses!!
Laura
sweetandfashionworld.blogspot.com
Great post=)
Gorgeous! =)
http://luluandthestyle.blogspot.com
The red jumper is amazing!! i love all of it!
I'm going to have to check this out!
Ooh, the leopard coat is nice. Love your blog.
Hello marge,
well firstly thank you for the shoes i think theyll look great, and now since ur label is interviews can you now post on my wall what a guy should wear to an interview
for some reason i dont think the red sweater and blue dress would suit me :)
Thank you very much LOL
Wow congratulations on setting up your online vintage store, travelling the world to source items for it, well that sounds like the ultimate dream job!! I'll be sure to check it out :)
Thanks for the comment by the way!
loves it
wowwww :) i really love your sense of fashion!!!
keep up the goodwork <3
www.mooshichui.blogspot.com
amazing lovely! great images as always! model amazingness! ;)
will check out your store of course! xoxo
http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment