Thursday, 24 March 2011

It's therapeutic somehow.

IMG_9396

The Scarlet Room Lace Dress

Sorry about the nocturnal blogging hours, friends! I have my reasons. None of which are terribly valid - today's is though! I only got home from Paypal's fantastic Cashless Utopia event a few hours ago. It was so wonderful to meet some amazing people (who have survived Commerce/Law) and to catch up with familiar faces! Photos should surface soon, so I'll keep you well and truly posted.

Anyway. To the point. I have effectively combined every single request you guys have ever made to me in three photos. A lot of you wanted to see photos of me dancing, so here I am leaping around as you do (and if anyone is at Sydney Uni and has any interest in ballet, I'm teaching a beginner's ballet class every Wednesday from 9-10am :D come!). Others of you wanted to know how much I do with Photoshop. This is probably the most I've ever done with Photoshop - clearly I'm dreaming of New York. Ridiculously excited even if it's just under a year away.

But most importantly is this super sweet lace dress the I've been waiting to shoot on a sunny day. I love the flouncy skirt and the perfect ratio of floral-to-non-floral, with the scalloped hem being the cherry on top.

IMG_9403
IMG_9435

There's a black version of the dress too (I was very tempted) - so excited to layer this baby in Winter!

Heads up: I'm going to be on Law camp for the next couple of days, so if I have time before I race off in the morning, I'll be sure to schedule some inspiration posts, but if I'm madly running around the house packing, then you'll have to pretend I'm here :)

P.S. instead of packing for Law camp, I sat in front of my laptop and compiled a mini-series of ways to wear a vintage skirt on your head (check it out HERE) - my life is complete.

*love*

xx

43 comments:

Dusk said...

I hve no words.

Other than... brilliant! ... genius! ... beautiful!

These images are just breathtakingly beautiful. Your editing skills are awesome!
..and your balletic lines are sublime.... sigh...

theDUSKzone

Stacy said...

You are photoshop epic!
Love it, if I went to Syd Uni I would be there ;)
Unfortunately I'm at Melbourne haha, bit far..

x Stace

agatazamorska said...

loveee this!

rouli said...

really epic pixxx

u look stunnin:)

Plami said...

AMAZING!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Ann X. said...

Beautiful and witty at the same time with all your posts. Loving it margaret :)

<3

Carla Chávez Lino said...

very very beautiful photos, love it!

Dianne said...

OMG these photos are breathtaking! Gorgeous!

candid phobic

Vonny said...

always love the way you edited your pics! amazing blog!

Anonymous said...

wow. love new yourk city!! and amazing photos :-))

Virginia Ibarra said...

i absolutely love your work! its so pretty! and you are great at modeling, the first one is simply breathtaking! keep it up!
xoxo
vee

starlet said...

OMG! wonderful photos!

renee said...

love your photoshop skills..and now i know where you got those graceful jumping moves...;)..

Camilla said...

these are epic. I love, I'm going to NYC this April, so exited, I'll be sure to give you some hints on where to go hun :) x

xx Camilla

Checkout my giveaway

intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

Andrés Corella said...

the dress is just gorgeous!..And I didn´t know you dance!! That´s amazing..love the first picture I could frame it right now!

xx
Andy
The Black Label
Follow me on Twitter @Andru_Corella

amalie said...

stunning pictures!
x

MIXED MINDS said...

Beautiful pictures!! :)

Unknown said...

WOW stunning pictures!! Breath taking!!!

Kisses Julia

http://geeksndfashion.blogspot.com/

beryl said...

wow these are so beautiful. you inspired me to go make some lovely photoshop creations!

xoxo,
welcometodeutschland.blogspot.com

AzaharaJStyle (lost in Palma) said...

hello baby! visit my blog, I have a surprise for you.

kisses
AzaharaJS

Anaivilo said...

Oh that is so lovely! You teach ballet? OMG I adore it! I used to take some classes as a little girl.. Oh beautiful poses you have here, the dress is amazing!

MILK said...

haha you're hilarious! even in your pictures, you're having so much fun but still looking so beautiful!

<3

www.mi-lk.com

Behind the Lashes said...

This year is going to fly by and before you know it you'll be in Nyc!!! I'm so excited for you!

The Girl With a Feather said...

Your jumps are gorgeous and so is the editing! I miss ballet, its been nearly a year since I last danced!

Monroe Steele said...

There are no words...no wonder you always look so gracious when jumping in your pictures. these photos are really beautiful and breathtaking...have fun at camp

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

I Turner said...

Whoa! The photos are fabulous.

www.toindigo.blogspot.com

modern.girl said...

hello! i just found your blog and i'm in loooooooooove~! i love your style and the way you display your images. love~! follow!

cheers,
yvonne
modern.girl

Twee said...

i didn't know that you're a ballerina~! now i can do nothing but to love you even more!!!!

x
twee
SHOP Ezzentric Topz
www.EzzentricTopz.blogspot.com

 Viv said...

Oh! You look lovely. So glad to have found your blog and.. I was at the same event last night!! Lots of fun, wasn't it?

Collections said...

These photos are incredible. They're absolutely breathtaking.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

Cara said...

Gorgeous photos...
xo Cara
http://www.afashionloveaffair.com/

Julie said...

wow thats some amazing photography and your photos look beautiful hun x

www.greasestain.blogspot

Louisa Cindy said...

awesome pics ! love it <3

xx

Mónica said...

Very, very, very nice pictures!
Love

Jade Purple Brown said...

these photos are gorgeous, grea post!

jadepurplebrown.com

Anonymous said...

Sweet effects on the photos! :)
I plan on heading to NYC in their fall this year - pretty stoked!
x

http://aprilialove.com

Aprilia Love said...

Sweet effects on the photos! :)
I plan on heading to NYC in their fall this year - pretty stoked!
x

http://aprilialove.com

Rose said...

great work lovely!! what are you up to this year (slash law at...?) sorry ive been so shiitt lately, shines looking great! x

Adrian Wilde said...

A very fitting title. I really like the fact that your not wearing any shoes. And your post makes me wish that The Wombats tickets didn't sell out so fast :(

Chelsealauren said...

THESE ARE BRILLIANT.. I cannot even put into words how much I love these.

You've definitely got a new follower, and a huuuuuge fan.

x chelsea

Your Only Black Swan said...

loving the edited layered images!! go Photoshop! I was about to say - from those jumps you look like you are a dancer than I read further on that you're teaching ballet - i did ballet for 13 years! I miss wearing the light pink stockings and leotards... go you!

youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

x Your Only Blackswan

J u s t ė said...

love it much ;o especially the second one!

Jess said...

Possibly my favourite posts ever!!! xxx