
fashiongonerogue
Recently, I've found that bloggers, critics, editors of magazines, you name it, are becoming more and more focused on the photography in an editorial. And there's nothing wrong with that - you all know me and my obsession with lighting and photography as an art in general. Talented photographers are something we all love and it's amazing to see thousands of them out there, developing their signature compositions, etc.
There was a time, when I was a 3-year-old, that it was too much about the name of the model on the page, and people started freaking out that we were losing the art in fashion (I know - I'm weird - I don't remember my kid brother stealing my favourite toy, but I remember some guy on some screen talking about Kate Moss). I feel like we've swung a bit in the opposite direction and forgotten about the models. We'll recognise a big name or a pretty face, and then admire the lighting and the composition of the shot, and forget that the model is a working artist.
And after all that (I'm not even going to read it over because it's embarrassing how much I've ranted), I would just like to say that Behati Prinsloo is amazing and this shot is the greatest piece of genius modelwork I've seen in such a long time.
*love*
xx















31 comments:
yeah, this si defs an example of amazing photography, modelling AND clothes :)
xStace
Behati is frickin gorgeous. Don't forget the camel too babe. Cute as!
I completely agree. I often find myself admiring an editorial shot yet not having a clue who the model is!
Beautiful, great photograpy! I sometimes wonder how the models feel... Must have been fun.
what a breathtaking photographs! <3
love
xx
yudia aiiu
http://blackecstasy.blogspot.com
this is such an amazing shot! reminds me of the one in the september issue with the model and the photographer both jumping! so cool, love it.
haha nice rant. its good to get it all out!
xx
ooh the styling is superb! behati is a doll :) and i do love akrins' work, she is always fantastic at capturing the beauty of things!
x
love that photo! the model is amazing!
xoxo jenna
http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/
So agreed, definitely focused on the photography in the image above!
tweet tweet tweet
x
this is a really gorge photo! And dress!
I didn't really respect what models did until I started my blog and realized that there is a lot more to it than JUST standing around and having won the genetic lottery. That being said, I think a lot of the emphasis falls on photographers because realistically no model can develop a career in fashion mags that spans 20+ years (Kat Moss notwithstanding most models retire by age 20 or so). That and for blogs I've noticed that the photography makes all the difference between a good blog and a great one.
melina bee
Amazing dress. Reminds me of See by Chloe dress. :)
love the site!!!
come follow the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think
fashionbyhe.blogspot.com
I agree with you...Models do a great work in the way they captivated our eyes in the shots, but the work done by the photographer is incredible too.
Definitely, I see what you mean. I guess it's always a struggle for balance between the two. That aside, this picture is quite lovely!
That is a fantastic photograph. It definitely makes all the difference when the photography is well composed and thought-out.
Great editorial, thanks for sharing!
i want that shot framed and hanging on my wall right now! it's breathtaking. the neutrals/browns mixed with the color of the sky and her INCREDIBLE dress... stunning.
Such a great photo and that girl is beautiful. It's amazing that anyone can look beautiful while making faces at an animal. c:
hi, nice blog. and you are so cute !
thanks for stopped by anyway :)
amazing shot!
i do love that shot and the whole editorial is amazing!
loving your blog!
xxx
t
great story to read, and i'm serious now. i agree: everything in this picuture fits perfectly, the model's got a great pose.
nice blog girl!
*
Thank you for the sweet comments.
Your photos are wonderful.
Subscribed on bloglovin
*
NIce post!!!
barbielaura.com if you want visit my blog and bloglovin if you want follow me...
wonderful picture!
hugs
Loving the photo!
xoxo
i love this photo, great post!
jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com
Fabulous picture!!
I wanna tell you that the webpage and online store (www.abataba.com) are now open!! :)
One of my favorite editorials and I love BEHATI! <3
xx
you are too sweet, your comment made me smile. :)
i loveeeee this photo also!!! you are so good at finding excellent editorials, i love it!
xoxo, rose
I love Camilla's work so much!
www.thewardrobediaries.com
Post a Comment