Sunday, 18 April 2010

Wide eyes.

Grace Kelly;Audrey Hepburn

I just wanted to share what I think is the most beautiful photo of that golden film era - Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn remain style icons, and the simplicity of this backstage shot highlights that (taken at the 28th Annual Academy Awards).

How incredible would it be to own a dress like that... maybe I won't skip the gown section next time I'm thrifting?

Also wanted to thank the lovely Katy of midnightintern for passing on more Happy 101 blog love to me. So now, I get to add another 10 things to my previous list of things that make me happy:
  1. Shooting stars
  2. Op-shopping
  3. Amazing up-and-coming everythings
  4. Sitting in non-awkward silence
  5. Feeling healthy (usually after swimming)
  6. Seafood
  7. Tea on rainy days
  8. Reminiscing
  9. Motivational speakers
  10. Finishing something I started

Monday tomorrow - sigh. How was everyone's weekend?

*love*

xx

68 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning. But where would you wear it? If I bought one and you bought one we could wear them together 7,000 miles apart. It could be neat :)

xx,
Dee

cjau. said...

Audrey - love love love !
that's cool
thank U so much :-)
xoxoxo
Ola

♥ Miss. Savvy Savings said...

Beautiful snapshot. ^-^

Glamorous in every way, shape and form. At least back then, dresses still held their modesty and women LOOKED and ACTED like women.

<3
S

Unknown said...

Grace Kelly is an icon all the way!!

Vonny said...

beutiful!!!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

They both look so beautiful!! I love their gowns! So classic and timelessly elegant! xoxxoxoxo

www.janetteria.com said...

So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Both Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn were truly beautiful women. I want to live in that era and wear huge ball gowns!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Andy said...

you are right. It's an amazing photo. There is no this kind of beauty in the courrent Hollywood.

Blanca said...

I agree with you, It's a beautiful photo and the dresses are also great.

xxx

www.artcrashblog.blogspot.com

the healthy ghost said...

Great! Thanks for your comment. I follow you.
xx

Anonymous said...

they define elegance those ladies. we should bring back the gowns, might catch on.

sexyinthecity said...

Adorable picture ;)

Jane Interrupted said...

Could they BE any classier?

I don't think so.

Sabina said...

Wow, so classy and elegant!!
Very nice blog you got here, glad I found you :)) If you have the time, feel free to check out my blog and of course comment or follow if you like :))

Have a great day doll xxx

iliketweet said...

So gorgeous, love it! I highly doubt people will look back on our era with a similar longing...

tweet tweet tweet

x

WASHMACH said...

HI HUN! WHAT A GREAT BLOG! LOVE IT! THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! YOU GOT A GREAT STYLE!

LOTS OF KISSES!

WWW.WASHMACH.COM

Sophia said...

Really captivating photos. The Victoria and Albert museum in London is having an exhibition on Grace Kelly at the moment featuring dresses from her amazing collection. I'm hoping to visit it in May!!! <3

skiepies.blogspot.com/

Diana Quintana said...

Gorgeous photo! So elegant and stunning, I love Audrey and Grace. Congratulations on the award!
xoxo

www.f-puppet.blogspot.com

Diana Quintana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
She Wore It Well said...

stunning photo indeed

Timothy Duong said...

I would do hepburn :3

Ro said...

OMG...Grace Kelly's gown is amazing!
totally vintage pieces are the best!
thank u for your beautiful words!
XOXO
Ro

Unknown said...

thankyou for your comment
it's beautiful !

Silke - Het is klein en het blogt.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for your comment it's so sweet! xxxx

Anna said...

Wauw, beautiful picture!

Gorgeous Clara said...

thankssss...That picture is definetely beautiful!!!

Jess said...

So stunning. Glorious shot babe x

Anonymous said...

such stunning picture. I saved it to my desktop:)

Hope you are having a wonderful lazy Sunday x x x

Vicki said...

Lovely photo, your jacket sketches below are awesome!! I had lovely weekend thank you! did a photo shoot and the photos are up on my blog now! :)
vicki xo

penny. LA (Erin) said...

Brilliant, sensational photo. <3 Lovely.

My weekend has been okay... wedding planning, bridal shower planning, already packing for a trip home to Iowa... good stuff. :)

Raven said...

Yes...that picture is very classic and beautiful.

I love your "Things That Make Me Happy"! Very cute...I may have to do the same...

mia said...

this photo left me speechless, so beautiful and enigmatic...

what a amazing post dear

Glowing Doll said...

Great list!

Anonymous said...

nice photos

hey thanks for beautiful comment

mel said...

ahhh wow how beautiful:) lovely post dearie, have a great sunday
x

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

Sofia Leo said...

Thank you for the sweet comment!

That photo is truly stunning! Love it, so beautiful!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Come here and let me whisper in your ear a little secret. I love this picture, and I am so shocked that you are the one who is showing it to me. This indicates to me that we are to be very good friends, darling. Good girl, great eye! You are a diva, and I already recognize it, keep it up, I'm going to bring a friend or two by to see you. Please let me introuduce you to my friend DJ, at
www.dustjacketattic.blogspot.com. Be sure to tell DJ that the Bumpkin sent you, sugar. Be sure to tell her. Mwah, fabulous image, I will treasure!

Anonymous said...

thanks for commenting! what an amazing photo! i really enjoyed reading your blog!

Jessica said...

that is a beautiful photo- two of my favorite old hollywood starlets. their dresses are beautiful. I wonder what they were thinking as they stood behind that stage at the awards. <3

http://aberrantmoda.blogspot.com/

daisychain said...

most gorgeous picture ever.

rouli said...

lovely post!!!!!!!!

thanks so much for comment!!!!!!!

see u around!!!!!!

www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com

Nedda Ebo said...

Oh Grace. That is such a beautiful gown. I would love to have the opportunity to not only own that but wear it at a place like that haha.
And I'm definitely checking out all those blogs you posted :) thanks for sharing.
Mustart

Heidi said...

I absolutely adore that dress. And I completely agree with non-awkward silences and tea on rainy days (particularly the former because silences so often tend to be awkward!)

Desirée said...

Oh I just LOVE that photo!!
// http://desireebergh.webblogg.se

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture. It captures the essence of being classy.


MELANIELIKES.BLOGSPOT.COM
Follow?<3

emily said...

oh this photo is stunning, grace kelly looks so beautiful.

drollgirl said...

what an amazing shot. those ladies were so beautiful and elegant. elegance is something that you don't see so much of now-a-days. sorry if i sound like an old lady! ahhahaha

kelly ann said...

this is one of my very favourite photos... i've always wanted to get it printed and framed. :) just gorgeous.

thank you so, so much, dear! you're lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the days of hollywood glamour in the real sense are sadly gone I fear

The Cheeky girl said...

nice post
lov it

xx
imane

Emmekay said...

great blog, my compliments!
love it...;-)


www.theinfluenceofemmekay.com

brooke said...

yes, such a gorgeous photo! would kill for a dress like that. i agree with your #5 - I love the feeling of healthiness! for me, after a walk. so nice!

xx

Margaret said...

Beautiful photo with probably the two most beautiful women that ever walked the earth. :)

Plami said...

truly a gorgeous picture! :) and most of the tthings that make you happy are on my happy list as well :) love your blog too :) like following it :) you're doing a great job :) XoXo, Fiamma

No said...

i really love silence. it means that you have free time to sit and do absolutely nothing :-) and thank you for your comment :-) that belt has to be one of my favorites, too.

Melissa~ said...

the two most amazing womans. AMazing picture.

fashion provocateur said...

beautiful! i love it its so soft and perfect!
im now following you!!

thanks for your comment,. maybe you can follow me too?! <3

www.fashionprovocateur.wordpress.com/

Glamourborn said...

M! You really are beyond and I am so glad to have met you and your positivity!
Thanks for the LOVE!
Yours in yellow leather pants,
TTGB
totheglamourborn.com

Liz said...

My weekend have been pretty crappy as I had to stay at home cramming for my exam this afternoon :( oh well!! Grace Kelly is so gorgeous. Thanks for your comment in my blog :) Have a great day.

Liz from MAJOR DISTRACTION

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture and great list :)

Coco and Zaahb said...

Thank you so much i really appreciate it!!!



Http://cocozaahb.com

Tone :D said...

Thank you. The top is from a danish brand called samsøe samsøe ;)
Thank you for lovley comment !

☮ midnightintern ☮ said...

Oh I love Grace Kelly!

Sorry I didn't know you had gotten this award before! You were probably like 'Oh great... this again.'

But I really do love your blog! Think of it as a token of everyone's admiration that you got it twice.

xox

civetta said...

these two women were (and are however) the most amazig women in the world.

rental mobil murah said...

Yes...that picture is very classic and beautiful.
I love your "Things That Make Me Happy"! Very cute...I may have to do the same...

C said...

Ah, my two hands-down favorite icons. Love this post!

sewa mobil di surabaya said...

so perfect gals