Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Easy way out.

Photobucket Shine By Three Shine By Three

Vintage Blouse from Thread People - YesStyle.com Ankle Length Straight Fit Pants - Therapy Tower Pumps - MINKPINK Backpack from Market HQ

Posting this now before I get stuck into last minute microeconomics revisions and a lovely lunch with some of my favourite people at one of my favourite eateries. Then exam tonight! It never stops.

Anyway - my dear Jess snapped these of me and my get-up post-amazing-lunch after Alexa Chung's press conference a week or two ago (it's all a blur: for all I know it could have been a month ago!). I'd been wearing these brights so often separately that the only possible next step was to combine the two. I have to say I do appreciate the pink and green together, as much as my preschool teacher said that they didn't go. Who cares if I look like a watermelon. My backpack makes it cool.

Anyone who's seen enough of me in the past three weeks of my owning this backpack will know that I've been wearing it to death. I now no longer have lopsided shoulders from carrying stupidly heavy uni books in a shoulder bag.

P.S. if you happen to be in Sydney CBD over the next couple of days, go check out the store windows at Voi Shop (72 Castlereagh St) - four of us spent a solid couple of hours last night styling up a window each! Voting will go up on their facebook page very soon.

*love*

xx

24 comments:

Marnie said...

I love that colour green, this pop colour thing is really starting to grow on me. And those pumps, wow! Definitely going to have to get my hands on them.
Fab blog x

I Turner said...

I love your colour blocking look. The green blouse is beautiful and I really like the cut of those pants. I’ve been trying for ages to find a pair just like that in black. Very envious that you got to meet/see Alexa Chung. It must have been an amazing day!

www.toindigo.blogspot.com

Nettie S. said...

I like the color combination!

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors! Your bag is also super awesome. I need myself one of those.
-Katherine
http://fashionablyawkwardr.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

Those pants are Ah Maze. Love.

A x

Kent Johnson said...

Love that pants, I am thinking about a red belt. Let me know if it works!

I V Y said...

such cute colour blocking :)

xo zebra and meerkat

Amanda said...

really cool look, loving the color combination

V.days said...

I love your outfit! Every single piece :)

I have a backpack, in brown but i think it makes me look like a schoolgirl. I don't know where to get a good backpack. Where would you recommend?

Cindy said...

Love the combination of green and pink! Your teacher was probably just jealous that she couldn't pull it off mwahaha. Your backpack is so adorable! MINKPINK is the best <3

xxCindy
ORIENTALExpresso

Serena P. said...

Love the pants!
S.

Anonymous said...

love the colors!!
xoxo

Anaivilo said...

Oh that is such a beautiful shirt! The color matches perfectly with those pants, I love the contrast and the shoes are fabulous! Wish I could be in Sydney :(

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of colour blocking but you really know how to do it :)
I love that both colours are a bit more like pastels. Makes the look a bit more casual ;)

missemilyblog.blogspot.com

Plami said...

You look lovely! I love the way you blocked the colors :) Good luck with your exam!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Estelle said...

I'm starting to get to like the colour blocking trend and this look is definitely helping! You look amazing. xx

loverandshoes.blogspot.com

The Girl With a Feather said...

I've been obsessed with green silk shirts lately and yours is absolutely gorgeous! Love the brights together :)

Thu Nguyen said...

Love the colours on you!

x

Unknown said...

Margaret I love this!!

Lovely colours, and you are amazingly gorgeous as always.

:)


p.s- passed your uni today!

x

Aki No Yuutsu said...

Great color combo! so lively!

Mischel double W said...

fell in love with this color combinatio! so stunning

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

way too cool!

Mary said...

I wore green and pink yesterday -- watermelons are delicious so dressing up like one is totally fine y/y? I might have to buy a cute backpack like yours too... uni, it kills.

Unknown said...

I love green & pink together, it looks fab :)

xx S