

To start with, I've been playing around with obscuring the camera lens - today I tried it with a string of glass beads I got for a dollar at some markets a while ago... but because of the intense sun, the lighting freaked out a bit (as you can see) and scattered mini sunbursts everywhere - which is kind of cool, but not as in focus as I would have liked. What do you guys think?
More to the point - remember the oh so amazing skirt I said I got on my little market/op-shopping adventure last week (read about it HERE)? Well voila! Here it is. I don't think I've owned any long skirts before, but I'm pretty glad that this is the first one. It has the greatest vintage floral print of my life, I can do pretty much anything with it, and it has pockets.
It can also look like pants... sometimes:
Which makes me want to turn it into pants... but then I couldn't bubble-skirt it:
I swear on my head: no photoshop in those last two :O - this sun is so unseasonal.
I still haven't tried it as a dress or a hippie skirt - this needs to happen soon. This is worn with my favourite boots, a BONDS singlet top and a braided leather belt that I've worn to absolute death.
So if any of you are around Sydney, go to the Balmain markets on a Saturday and find Lynne Lade's stall - she has the most incredible selection of skirts like these, but all in one-of-a-kind fabrics. She also has the greatest high-waisted pants of all time :O I may have to go back and buy them all.
On that lovely note (just to make the post longer, you say), I would like to thank the gorgeous Miss Diana from over at FASHION PUPPET for awarding me the Sunshine Blogger Award, which I'm throwing in amongst some pretty flower-inspiration I've been meaning to post for a while:
And passing on the award to 6 of my favourite bloggers: HARLEQUINS PARTY, Spin Dizzy Fall, Not So Shy, BOYMOMENTS, Style Sparkles, and Too Many Tights.
on Bloglovin' if you like it!*love*
xx




















110 comments:
Ohh my. You know how to make a girl cry from jealousy. That skirt is so rad! I seriously want to go to these markets! I've decided im flying there for spring time and my birthday.
The sunlight is amazing in these shots too hun, I've been meaning to say how the plain brick background really works for the outfit posts too
Thanks for the award sweet x
That skirt is amazing! especially as a bubble skirt. I kinda really want one now, and it's not even my style!
Great post. :]
absolutely gorgeous skirt dear!
thankyou so much for the award... it means so much to me :) xx
Heyyyy girl :) Love your blog as well :) liked the first post I saw.... which doesnt happen really often :) specially the shorter skirt looks great on you + the boots... so cool :) gonna even become a follower :)
The skirt, my friend, is totally badass! Feel free to ship it over to me antytime! ;)
It looks awesome as a high-waisted, pouf skirt.
Xx
this outfit is absolutely wonderful! i am DYING over that skirt, it's perfect!
love this outfit! I like it as a bubble skirt the best... that lighting is amazing too! xx
gorgeous photos! wow! love the effects! that skirt is great. did you shorten it??? x
WOW, amazing!!! love it!! that skirt is killer!!!!
do you use a stand for your camera to take pictures, or you have someone take it?
-Bego
I am in love with the floral skirt! it's so lovely and amazing...
wow the outfit is awesome! i love the skirt! keep up the gr8 shots..
Boo I wish I lived somewhere where they had vintage markets. That skirt is amazing! What a find!
xx,
Dee
hey, thank you for coming to my blog! I really like yours! I will follow you.
and I love the two last photos in this post, they are just awesome! ;)
wow wow wow you look amazing!
Totally editorial gorgeous. What a gorgeous paid of pants. I will have to check her stuff out :D
ok!!!!!this is amazing!!!!!!!!
well done!!!
very cute blog!and this is a lovely post!!!!!!!!
thanks for comment..!
i ll follow u..come follow too..if u want!
www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com
omg - that skirt is absolutely e p i c and the camera effects are just grest. ck :) x
That skirt is fabulous... very versatile. And I love the effect you did in the photos... the beads work some wonders. Love the lighting flares they gave to the photos.
love the bootsss and the long skirt combo!!
x.
Ah, grrrreat look!Love the laid back feeling of it all! Sp pretty! Great photos as well. Makes me wanna go to a park and drink an ice cold beer in the sunset! Aaaaah:D
Ps. Thanks so much for your comment. Love when new people stop by:) Youre more than welcome back!
Love that
adorablee
that has got to be the most versatile skirt i have ever seen! Plus the fact that the print is gorgeous. Personally i like the glass beads, it looks quirky!
http://89rottenapples.blogspot.com
interesting skirt - i likeit!! Love those shoes too.
hi, thanks for stopping by my blog.:-) i like your style! following :-)
I love the hippie skirt it is breathtaking full length, I really like it like that, it kind of made me have a flashback into the 60's.
From Dolly
XXX
http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com/
wow, i love how you bubbled it up! so cute.
Nice skirt, it was definetely a great buy because it fits you perfectly!
Thanks for passing by my blog ;D you're the sweetest!
xx,
Dimogonda blog
those pictures are amazing <3
oh wow, love love love what you did about the trousers/ skirt! lovely fabric there!
the pictures are amazing!!
I've never tried obscuring the lens, but I think I will do it.
That skirt is really pretty, it has a gorgeous pattern and it looks like it could be worn a million different ways (I especially love the way it looks bubbled up)
I love this outfit, especially the boots!Where are they from? I have been looking for an exact pair like this for ages!
Thank you for the comment, love your blog!I am now a follower.=D
Lis xXx
Off The Wardrobe
The skirt is amazing!!! It really suits you. I like it how the shape changes constantly. Your camera skills are great btw, I am so jealous about how the pics came out. I still have lots to learn! My first dslr is coming tomorrow! Thank you for the lovely comment! By the way, the clutch and the malene birger blouse came today. :)
http://skiepies.blogspot.com/
your skirt is so awesome. your style is awesome tooo! i love it!
Lovely skirt!
Lovely photography too
You look great. Love how the belt sits on the skirt and the way you bubbled it up!!
xx Cathy @ hellocathe2ine.blogspot.com
margaret what a lovely surprise visit. Thansk for dropping by. I love your blog aswell. Been checking through your posts and added it to my blogluvin so i don't miss an update. Stay in touch and have a wonderful day.
Dena x
beingdena.wordpress.com
ps. I love the skirt. Don't turn it into trousers because it makes a fab bubble skirt too.
Gorgeous skirt ! Love !
this skirt is AMAAAZING !!
Darling you are gorgeous. These little booties are amazing and your photography looks hot hot hot.
Thanks for your comments on my blog! Its nice when people I admire leave their thoughts.
xoxo keep it up
Sweetie you're so creative!
that skirt is amazing!
Walk of Fashion
awesome skirt!
love the flowers and the way you wear it
That skirt is fantastic, especially the tulip version. haha!
♥
Thank you very much for the info. on the boots! I shall be hunting for a pair online...Ah, good job I wasn't there, otherwise we would have been fighting over the pair.=D
Lis xXx
Off The Wardrobe
Thanks you for the sweet comments! You have great style and I love the way you played with the camera lens!
you are too cute! lovely/cool skirt you have there!
-Silvia
Wow what an versatile peice of clothing! I'd definately go for the bubble skirt though..
Feel free to check out my blog
x
Lucy at Where the wild things might be
I LIKE VERY MUCH!! KISSS
the effects in the photos turned out totally cool in my opinion :) love the skirt, it looks really awesome as pants but i think i like it as a bubble skirt the best! xx
Love the skirt and especially the shoes!!!!
oh my, I am in love.
love the proportions of this outfit! & cool idea with the beads/camera lens, I'll have to try that out!
can we talk about that skirt? i wish i could swear, but it's so inappropriate upon a first visit to a blog, right? But anyway, that skirt is so fantastic in every way it makes me want to swear with both joy and jealousy (don't you dare make it into a pair of pants(i will cry)).
as for the camera effect: NEVER would have thought of that. I love clever ideas :-)
Both version of the skirt looks great on you!
Fabulous look!!
this skirt is amazing. i love the color <3
http://closetobsessions.blogspot.com
Woah! Every way you wore the skirt looks amazing! My favorite is probably the pants, or just as the long skirt..probably just because it's different. And very interesting what you did with the beads, I like!
Thank you so much for your comment, I'm so honored!
you made me even blush! ;)
your skirt is magical! I love the second variant!
love love love,
Marika
I ♥ your skirt is amazing, great and beautiful in both variants!!!
pretty colours and pretty flowers :)
Dear you looks perfect!!
I like your outfit very mutch:) great skirt.
xoxo
You know how to wear clothes! amazing outfit!
Love the effect that you tried out with the glass beads- it's awesome! Makes me with that I had a better camera so I could play around a little bit more! The skirt looks amazing on you!
Amazing skirt!!!!!!!!you look perfect!i follow you!
Wow!! amzing....great creativity. Love teh shorter version more...love those tie ups with teh skirt
http://barelyvogue.blogspot.com/
That skirt is so cool! Thanks for stopping by and your nice comment (-:
thank you for the comment! your blog is inspirational as well, totally becoming a fan <3
what an amazing skirt! the glass beads were an excellent idea dear
oh i love this!!! so cute. that skirt is amazing. i want that :)
Hi doll! thanks for your lovely comments on my blog ;) And that skirt is amazing and so cute on you! I love the bubble skirt version! xoxo
awesome photos and your outfit is fabulous!
Hi,
I just came by your blog and really enjoyed it, it's cool. Great outfits too!
Please come by and have a look at my blog.
See you soon.
Eri
Girlllll. I love how surprisingly versatile this skirt is!
i love the look you created with your photos. and i love that skirt, both ways. i need to figure out how to wear a skirt in the bubble fashion.
xxx
t
omg the skirt is just divine, i love it when it's bubbled <3 you really make me want to fly over to sydney and visit the balmain market! :3
fashionismysoulmate.blogspot.com
oh and i forgot to tell you that i did a diy on how to make the rings.
http://www.newyorkdesignshop.com/how-to-guide/articles/studded-duct-tape-rings
xxx
t
Gorgeous skirt!! Both ways.
Xoxo Veronica
fashi0npassi0n.blogspot.com
love the floral skirt, it looks fantastic! your photos are awesome :)
Smiles
Jade Rich
Oh, it's been awhile since I've stopped by here. Quite busy lately. But here I am =) Love the outfit(the dress version).
-Berlin-
really chic
you have an awesome blog
keep it going! its great source of inspiration
thanks for sharing as always darling!
-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com
nice skirt! :D
love ur blog too! :]
Hi there-thanks for stopping by!! Love your skirt, a fab stylish buy and well done on the awards too!
Gorgeous skirt and pants :)
xx
This skirt, which would make MOST look grandma-esque makes you look ultra chic. True story.
Your skirt is gorgeous, especially paired with those boots. Great blog, thanks for commenting on mine!
x
Lucy Laucht: Daily style & inspiration
wow, love the bubble skirt version! although u look great in both versions!!! very creative of u!
love ur blog!
xoxo jenna
http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/
wowww You look gorgeous! I was impresed about changing from pants to skirt!! I love it with the skirt but I really don't know how do you do that??? ;P
I love your blog! I'm following u! :)
xoxo
mycherrygum.blogspot.com
Such a cool skirt ! :-)
/Linda
bruunbybruun.blogspot.com
hahaha that is so cool!! I wanted to mean that I love the bubble one! ;P
I've seen that you're from Sydney! Maybe, I'll go on summer so if I go, I'll asked you for some shopping places you recommend me!! hehehe :)
see you!!!
lov
mycherrygum.blogspot.com
wow i love it!!!! it looks soooo good as both!!!
xx
Thank you all for the super sweet comments :)
glad you like it! <3 xx
wow, I love the photography technique! I will most definitely be stealing it (in the best way possible) ♥
such a beautiful skirt and amazing photos :)
love the result! gorgeous pics! looking forward to more new "experiments"! :D
j'adore ton style c'est trop beau ^^
The skirt = genius! I was like, wait what, but I thought that was a maxi skirt, now they're pants, and holy crap now it's a mini?! Mind blowing! Not to mention you're such a doll!
Really love the photos.
KeepItFvncy,
M.E.
absolutely GREEN WITH ENVY regarding that skirt. omg i love it
you look fantastic (both long and bubbled)
and really good camera effects
AMAZING skirt. i love the pattern, and the long skirt look is so wonderfully wearable when you style it that way!! great post.
xx
naughty mess vintage
That skirt looks amazing on you and I love the pics!
wahoahh amazing skirt!! thanks for checking out my blog, yours is awesome btw
Woah that's smart turning long skirt into bubble skirt. Great thinking, and congrats on the award :)
I definitely LOVE your shoes.The once I have, ale already so badly damaged....it is all my fault as I loved them too much :D I DO like the long skirt with the belt. You look fantastic in that outfit.
Lots of love,
fashion abuse
Wow, what an amazing and versatile skirt!!
Looks gorgeous on you!
x
Complete lust for your versitile skirt. Love how your styled it by "sacking" it with the belt
(i'm adding your lovely blog to my bloglist :)
xxx
i was amazed by your outfit! your skirt is a great piece! and with your magical transormations, it looks even better!! thank you so much for commenting.. and thank you cause i discovered your great blog!! i'll definitely be checking on you!!!
WOW! That is so cool how you did that! Love the skirt specially since I am loving the florals this season :) Thanks for visiting my blog. I am totally coming back here soon :)
i love the skirt as a bubble skirt!!!
i can see why those are your favorite boots, they look great!!!!
amazing blog!!!
xoxo
Ali Skye
aliskye.blogspot.com
COMMENT!FOLLOW!
such a beautiful floral.
wonderful!!great pics!love this skirt!!:)
I`m following you!!
These are awesome photos!!! :) I love how you turned that skirt into a bubble skirt! How did you do that?
the sun effects are just awsome ! nce outfit by the way
xx
♥♥♥ http://trendygourmandise.blogspot.com/ ♥♥♥
wow, i love your skirt!
You have amazing style!!! I'm super jealous!
& Thanks so much for the very nice comment.
Post a Comment