Thursday, 6 January 2011

Back in the Swing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Cotton On Striped Tee - Penny Anne Floral Maxi - Tony Bianco Dodge Boots - Vintage Bag - Does Not Equal Cross Ring - YDELTUYT Chunky Stone Bracelet - Market Red Stone Ring

As much as my brother despises high-waisted, I think the only way to pull off this floral-printed Penny Anne glory is to wasp-waist it with my happy stripes and this morning's beautiful weather that deteriorated into wind and rain towards the end of the day. I've always thought that mixing amazing floral prints with other distractions (i.e. perfectly spaced stripes) is a bit too much visual assault, but this combination was decent enough in the way of Summery relaxation. For some strange reason, this skirt lends itself really well to something of an American Desert mix of jewellery - thoughts?

Finally back on track to my usual ways! 2011 has started in a big way and it feels like it's been months already. Weird. Stylestalker starts back tomorrow so I'll have some things to share, I'm sure, as well as some big projects that involve you guys (wooo) but I can't say anything just yet! What have you been up to in the new year so far?

And thank you to all you beautiful people who came up and said hi at various university open days yesterday - it was so lovely meeting you!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

*love*

xx

50 comments:

S said...

Lovely maxi skirt, and I'm definitely loving your jewellery.

graphology said...

This is such a gorgeous skirt :-)

Vanilla said...

I love this outfit and I love high waisted skirts, can't live without mine :)

Love, vanilla

http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

Constança said...

Lovely skirt :)


x

rouli said...

u look so cool!

love the entire look:)

kiss marg

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

I love that outfit!

xx Ale

Closet Fashionista said...

Gorgeous!!! Love how you mixed floral with stripes!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Absolutely love this combo, and I'm not usually one for mixing prints! Cute :) xx S

Kacrates said...

:) The outfit came out well, worrying for nothing. I loved the first picture.

I saw a tiny rainbow in the corner! :D

Unknown said...

Love your skirt and your bag!

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

love this look! beautiful skirt...

Casie Jean said...

i love love love combining stripes with florals! x.x.x
Casie Jean

KristiMcMurry said...

I think the stripe and floral combination looks wonderful on you! I'm super jealous that you're enjoying some nice summer weather. I'm ready for you guys to give it back to us though! haha

Unknown said...

OMG! i love your bag!!!
Happy New Year!

xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Georgia said...

we sold that skirt at work...it was a fast seller! you look great, very cute

xx

Lisette Pool - 24/7 STYLISH said...

Wow beautiful pics!
I am in love with your skirt =)

Lots of love, Lisette
sweetlisette.blogspot.com

styledigger said...

I think you could pull off everything. Amazing!

Christina said...

Amazing skirt!

Camilla said...

that skirt is stunning.

http://intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

Metka: Matka said...

you look lovely

Renee Nabam said...

beautiful skirt....!!!!!and you carry it off really well!!!!

FASHTUB said...

Outfit perfection and the jewellery is devine

fashtub x

Anaivilo said...

I love mixing prints and you've done such a good job here1 The skirt is gorgeous and so are the shoes.
Can't wait for summer!! :D

Baby Budget Blog said...

Love the stripes and florals combo. That will def be my staple this coming spring!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Tiffany said...

Very lovely skirt! I love it!

alannah. said...

im digging those bianco boots, the blue bracelet & that striped tee.
hope your uni days were funnnn. so not keen to head back to uni.x




http://thatsweetaurora.blogspot.com

Mani said...

Haha, I have that top! Love that skirt by the way :)

soph // and other things said...

This is most excellent. I do like the pairing of stripes and floral!

Abby said...

oh golly I love this outfit so much, and especially loving on that first photo. I think that I love you haha oh things just got weird.

x

Organized Chaos said...

i love the clash of patterns! Aaaand those boots look amazing.

Monroe Steele said...

great outfit. love the maxi skirt and the bracelet...nice sun light photos

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Anonymous said...

I like this! I would look absolutely ridiculous but it works on you. I think the skirt would benefit from being shorter but that's just because maxi isn't my thing. Is it a crop-top? Loving it either way.

Brooke said...

I really like that bracelet, it's all twisted and mashed up quite nicely me thinks! hehe

renewvintage.blogspot

lpajarin said...

that maxi skirt's so so so amazing!

Fashion to Go said...

LOVE the maxi skirt! Also like how the cross ring is slightly slanted, adds a nice twist to the straight cross rings that I see on everyone.

Stacey Kay said...

fANTASTIC!! LOVE THiS!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.goodwillhuntingg.com

Take the Goodwill Huntingg Challenge!

Nora Chan said...

that maxi is so beautiful!!

x

nrahrahrah.blogspot.com

Lena said...

Great oufit! You look so pretty! I love that maxi skirt!

Aki No Yuutsu said...

Look fresh and springy!
Love the little rainbow in the first pic!

Anonymous said...

Still so very stylish!

Jess said...

soo fun xx

Ladinia DalinTasya said...

so fresh, i love this outfit
especially that skirt and that vintage bag ;)

xo,
Tasya

StuddedLilly said...

beautifully matched! and that tilted cross ring is so cute!
xx

Vera said...

ahhh i'm loving this outfit on you. the floral maxi looks amazing on you - and i'm super jealous of the summery weather on your side of the world!

http://project-vee.blogspot.com/

marielle said...

wow-outfit <3

Alyssa Rose. said...

I love love love your outfit - especially the floral skirt and your shoes! So cute! :)

e l i s a b e t h said...

this outfit/you are absolutely gorgeous.
you have a lovely sense of style and I will be sure to follow

http://thefashionfawn.blogspot.com/

ticktock said...

love this outfit :) i have a dress in what looks like the exact same print!

Kirstin said...

Oh you looks so whimsical and summery! I'm so jealous! The print on this skirt is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for your comment, I really appreciate it!

yamina beyondURclothes said...

amazing bracelet !!!
following u on google :)) and btw thx for your comment

xx, yamina.
http://beyondurclothes.blogspot.com/