Sunday, 30 January 2011

Musical closets.



Altec Lansing asked me to share some musicians and artists who inspire my style in one way or another... plus my favourite tracks... that I may or may not have on merciless repeat. Florence, as evident, is purely here for the insanity. If I could get away with ridiculous amounts of sparkly makeup and incredible padded shoulders (think Brian Lichtenberg) all the time, I so would. I may not have flaming hair, but I do appreciate songs (and incredibly filmed music videos) that everyone else seems to be sick of:



Number two: Sara Bareilles



For her super sweet and classic face, and style that's just as simple with a field-running edge. And I do secretly wish I had her voice:



And my most recent discovery: Minute 36



Possibly the greatest combination of crazy (musically speaking) and classic (three-piece-suit speaking - and acoustic instruments) for Summer... and the rest of the year - there are some serious deep-in-thought moments to be had with A Golden Glove of Humility strolling along in the background:



Don't you wish your life were a musical?

Or Florence's wardrobe :)



*love*

29 comments:

Rosa and Carlotta: Illustrated-Moodboard said...

Lovely post! Florence is such a great style inspiration indeed!

xx
IPOD NANO GIVEAWAY at Illustrated-Moodboard.com


.

Renee Nabam said...

oh...i love florence welch....and her songs always takes my breath away.and of course 'm never sick of her wondrous videos..!!!!

Ayanna Michelle said...

I just recently became familiar with Florence + The Machines. Really like their music. LOVE Florence's style!



Quench Fab

Anonymous said...

Fantastic first photo!

http://annamargrete.wordpress.com

shoulderache said...

I LURVE Florence + The Machine! Her clothes are awesome, I love the mask in the "Drumming Song" music video. :-)

Chyrel Gomez said...

I love Florence and the Machine plus Sara Bareilles! Great artists!

thechyrelgomez.blogspot.com

Mia M. said...

really cool, thank you!

bisous,
mia

heylilahey.blogspot.com

Sophie said...

Amazing blog!!! so inspirational!!
Definitely my favorite so far!

xxx Sophie from lacesocks.blogspot.com

KINGA said...

First photo is amazing !
xoxo,Kinga.

modaslamona said...

music is a non-stop sourse of inspiration!:)

regards from spain, dear!

Stacey Kay said...

Great post! Music is SUCH an inspiration!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

Vanilla said...

I love Florence too :)

Love, Vanilla

http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

Carla Chávez Lino said...

I loooove Sara Bareilles!

Unknown said...

Love the first picture !

Rand T said...

well what can I say?absolutly love this!!
xx

agent 0017/shay said...

loveee florence and the machine, i'm obsessed with her :)

Anonymous said...

Great inspiration post!!

xoxo

Pattysaurus said...

Love Florence+The Machine! that song is one of my favourite songs!


kisses!!

Toni said...

that picture of Florence is so good!

The Serial Dresser said...

I love Florence & Sara! both of them are so talented. and I'll have to check out Minute 36!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Love the Florence and the machine!!!! By the way thanks for your sweet comment!!

Keep in touch!

Froso M. said...

Florence's style is to die for, such an endless source of inspiration.

xoxo,
Froso from Style Nirvana

juiciejuice said...

Florence looks great!

Not quite beautiful said...

I love Florence and the Machine. Her voice ia amazing.

Toya

x

M* said...

lovely post!! :)
do you want to visit my blog?
http://mariapmucientes.blogspot.com/

Kacrates said...

lovely post! :D




I got inspired myself!

Anonymous said...

Love these photos!


BOXMOONBABBLE.COM

sbot said...

Florence and the Machine is my fav!

www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

www.rosivintage.etsy.com

-Stephanie

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

LOVE Florence's style...not to mention her addictive music :) So fabulous. Thanks for sharing these pics and for stopping by my blog!

Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com