Tuesday, 20 April 2010

"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film." ~ Stephen Wright

IMG_1784
Junk Lace Dress - Yolo Om Leather Slouch Bag - Favourite Boots Of All Time

I must start by saying that today's outfit for a trip to the library (my printer decided to do a dance and die) was nothing short of an epic fail. I bought this dress about a month ago and said I wouldn't wear it until I found biker gloves to wear with it, because it's simply too pretty and I feel like I'm 5. Today, I pulled it out, fully intending to completely punk/edge/rock it out with too many rings and intense ankle boots... until I realised that none of that is actually existent in my wardrobe as of yet - don't you hate it when that happens? :)

I wore it all the same with my favourite boots and bag as a lame attempt of making it work in my head - so please excuse the over-prettiness. I think it would have gone so nicely with a rosary or some intense crucifix. What do you guys think?

IMG_1744IMG_1753

Having said that, I think I need to give credit to this amazing Aussie sun that is making my photography and playing with light so fun. It was doing so many crazy things, bouncing of the relative white-creaminess of the dress (in some of the photos, I looked slightly ghostly).

Here's some love for the gorgeous back - not too low, but low enough:

IMG_1884

And one in colour so you can see the pretty pink-beige laciness (no photoshop - just some amazing natural light):

IMG_1824

Have a gorgeous afternoon, lovelies!

*love*

xx

82 comments:

Jess said...

You look absolutely stunning miss! That dress is so super pretty. I love it. Personally I think a necklace would take away from the dress. Rock an arm full of chunk bangles instead, or the gloves for sure! :)

ps The shot of you from behind, where your hair looks short, its lovely, I though you had chopped your hair from a second. Its my favourite x

www.janetteria.com said...

WOW! I really love Ur shoes, doll!

emi said...

Wow, those pics are amazing! You look absolutely gorgeous! The dress looks like a dream! Love how you combined it with the boots!

xx Emi

THEGIRLWITHTHEMASK.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love these pictures! Beautiful dress!
thanks you for the sweet comment on my blog

TM said...

Oh my god, that dress is georgous!!!! And the boots, and the bag - Just everything!!! You look great!

NicciMaree said...

What a beautiful ensemble you've put together! <3

Death Wears Diamond Jewellery said...

love this outfit! the pretty lace and the scruffy boots... simply divine xxxx

Clare said...

What beautiful lighting! It looks incredible.
I really don't think it looks over pretty with the way you've styled it. The boots give it a bit of edge. That low back is gorgeous as well. It's so subtly sexy, if you get what I mean.
Clare x

Nells said...

i loved it!!and the style you gave to the dress!!i want to thank you for your comment and i'm looking forward in finding out more about australian fashion..melbourne was my home for seven lovely years..
kisses keep up the good work!!

Sara said...

That's a beautiful dress! You look great
xx

Miki Gumia said...

I say simple yet elegant, it is one of those dresses that looks good on slender and skinny bodies, I wish I could work a dress like that someday, because surely I will look horrible... nice one girl keep it up
xoxo miki ♥

Heidi said...

You look fabulous in that dress and these photos are really beautiful!

Vonny said...

wow...really love this !!!

kelly ann said...

definitely one of my favourite outfits of yours so far - GORGEOUS! :)

Miss Violet Bell said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog :) You and your blog are absolutely stunning! You have created a beautiful blog, can't wait to start following :)

Miss Violet Bell. xx

Style Stars said...

LOVE THOSE BOOTS! super cute outfit of course :)

xx

youareashootingstar.blogspot.com

Mitchell said...

Okay. ;)

Thanks. :)
No probs.

xoxo.

Anonymous said...

wooow! this dress is amazing I'm looking for a similar one but I don't find it :( yours is fantastic. Lovely blog! I follow you!

http://chiara-fashioncorner.blogspot.com/

Rosa said...

You just look like you glow in the last photo! :O

Desiree said...

I love these Black and white pics!!! beautifil outfit!
xoxo
Desiree

http://www.outfitproject.com

☮ midnightintern ☮ said...

Gorgeous. I neeeeeed to get a new camera so I can totally copy you.

But first, a job.

xo

Miss Gray said...

Oh wow!
Lovin' the outfit :)
Made my night!!!

Anonymous said...

oh gosh i really love this outfit, what camera are you using?

x
http://thedouchebaguette.blogspot.com/

ANNATS said...

wow, lovely!

Anonymous said...

stunning dress. you look great <3

Romina Llaguno said...

love your shoes! thanks for your comment :)

Caroline Gault said...

Ethereal, glowing, you look amazing. These photos are gorgeous - what kind of camera do you use? Oh, and white dress? Can't lose.

x

http://www.carolineginthecity.blogspot.com

Isabel said...

i actually really like the dress on you...and few more accessories might work well with it too :)

Walk of Fashion

Marnie said...

Such a gorgeous dress x

Aitor said...

nice boots

TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

very nice outfit...love the black and white

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

I love your outfit!! Especially the feminine aspect of the dress paired with the boots. You look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, a heavy crucifix necklace would've been awesome, but as it is you look stunning! I heart this dress so so much.

xx,
Dee

Jessica said...

you look gorgeous! i am in love with that dress and i love the boots with it. <3

http://aberrantmoda.blogspot.com/

Guiltyhyena said...

Tasty boots, and yes!! I conjure up items and accessories in the figment of my imagination, until I realise they don't exist.

Lini Trinh said...

u look so sweet! like your dress and the last pic

Gorgeous Clara said...

thanks a lot!!!

love the shoesss

Helen said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog!
This outfit is so good - and I very rarely get excited by any outfits I see. I've long been lusting for a white outfit myself, but haven't found anything suitable. This is beautiful, and the last photo is just amazing. Wonderful light and you are gorgeous.

Devon said...

Absolutely fabulous x

Adele said...

I literally love the dress. And love how you wore it with those boots. I want to dress. Can I order it online anywhere? Adele,

moltacuriosa.blogspot.com

Styleabaad said...

I think you pulled it off wxtremely well - it doesn't look too cute at all. I think those boots works great with the dress, it's a contrast eough! Love your photography as usual , just love the light in these shots, especially the last one!

Unknown said...

You look amazing, and I must say, you have THE most gorgeous legs I have ever seen!
Rock On, beautiful one! xoxo Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely LOVING those shoe booties! Fab pictures girl!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

stylista said...

I love your outfit!! The dress is gorgeous!

Check out my blog at allthingsvogue.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

very true quote! Loving that second pic darling!

The Grand Social Blog said...

Beautiful dress! Gosh your style shots are so pretty. We are jealous xx
-CA

mashi said...

love the lace dress in the beautiful lighting x

KAT KIM said...

LACE TO CHUNKY LOVING IT!

stylenuggets said...

Absolutely lovely shots.

Lucy Laucht said...

Those boots are beautiful, where are they from?

Lucy Laucht: fashion musings complete with the odd outfit or two

Lucy Laucht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Imogen said...

I love this dress, the lace is stunning. I also like the effects in these photos. I just gave you an award on my blog so please check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hei, Thanks for the comment!
Love the white dress... ;)
Shonwer

http://shonwer.blogspot.comslyslege

Ayse Karssen said...

love your blog !
and these photo's are so pure,
and what a sweet summery dress too
xoxo

upside gold (emily gaki) said...

I want your shoes! and the dress is so romantic...
xxx

Essikatariina said...

Thanks for your comment! You're adorable, I love your style and your blog is awesome! I'll definitely start to follow your blog!

Kisses

http://papergangstas.blogspot.com/

Emm said...

lovely!
I got my spotty tights off ebay from just a little seller, pretty easy to find so just search for spotty tights =)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

love em
spindizzyfall

Sanne said...

Thanks for your comment, i love your outfit and photo's, those are really pretty. From now on i will follow you

Zuzi said...

your outfit is beautiful. I LOVE the fourth photo!! those photos look stunning. well, you look stunning ;)

http://saladofmylife.blogspot.com

M said...

lovely dress, i want lace dress!

Blue Fields said...

such a perfect outfit!
amazing dress and shoes :)

Nini said...

thank you
I like your blog,too!
especially this dress is very cute.want one like this for summer but I haven't find one...
nini

Unknown said...

Hi ! Thank you so much for your lovely reaction !
I'm commenting on this post because i really love the outfit.
That foto where you show the open back, with the really amazing light looks like it came out af a fashion magazine ! Nice boots too ! Keep up the good work :D definitly following you !

, Laura

Victoria said...

Aww Thank uu !!
What a lovely dress =)

Anonymous said...

lovely title.... i love your outfit...<3

BarelyVogue said...

Love those shoes!!
xx
Sahi
http://barelyvogue.blogspot.com/

Meg said...

Aaaah, those boots! They are incredible!
I'm really loving your blog, keep up the amazing work!

Fashion Pirate said...

Your dress is beautiful, i love your pictures too x

http://piratesandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Prutha Raithatha said...

loving the dress!!

www.donotshoeme.blogspot.com

follow if u like what u see?

happy day!!

xoxo

Teenage (ariel) Dirtbag said...

stunning

Anonymous said...

dope dope dooooppeeee bootitiiessss<3

Nazneen Zainal Abidin said...

cute dress! i love the back.

Xx Nazneen
www.neensynaye.blogspot.com

Sha said...

i can kind of see why those boots are your favourite of all time? They're pretty much exactly what i'm looking for. I've wanted a pair of lace up ankle boots for a whileeeeee and yours look perfect.

Anonymous said...

I adore your dress gorgeous lady x

Mirthe said...

I love your dress:) It looks amazing on you!

Anonymous said...

Cute shoes!! They look amazing with that adorable dress.

Love your blog too!


xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Plami said...

well i certanly don't think you look 5... You look gorgeous really :) Great style! and I love the lace :)

XoXo
Fiamma

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

dan Andrea said...

You're beautiful! Absolutely love the dress.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love these boots! I am JEALOUS! Xo

www.alovebizarrevintage.blogspot.com

hannah said...

the boots are to die for! and i looove lace :) thanks for stoppin' by, great blog!

ChikitaRosemarie said...

you look gorgeous dear!!
love seeing you wearing whites!
:D

loves,
-CR
sociologicallystylish.blogspot.com

Awaiting (deya.) said...

Freaking GORGEOUS! :D
I adore the dress and the shoessss.

AHHHHmygod. this girl=jealous.
:)
x