

I'm really interested to see how the extremes of the fashion world respond to this V Magazine editorial. I'm also in a bit of awe at the person who came up with the bright idea of photographing two models whose few physical differences do include their body shape, and styling them in the exact same clothes and very similar posing - I say this because we all know there are constant comparisons between different body types in this industry, but by comparing them so precisely and realising that they do look just as good as each other really does highlight this fact.
Thoughts?
*love*
xx















3 comments:
before i actually read your post i thought they were the same model, then i looked closely and was like my that models legs are fat (very hypocritical considering my thighs are an annoying size 14, much bigger than hers) and while yes they both do look very good, i am shamed and regretfull to honestlysay that i think the skinny one looks better, but it could just be the models.
http://humiliatedforyou.blogspot.com/
At first, I thought it was a repetition of the same photo! I didn't notice anything. This just proves that models need not be starved to look good in an editorial
Thanks for the comments girls :) I guess I agree with both of you in different ways. I think a lot of the reason people think the skinnier looks better is simply because we see it all the time and it's 'orthodox', whereas a larger model does not come up as often, and because she's different, we instantly think oh it looks bad. But really, I think they both look just as good :)
xx
Post a Comment