Sunday, 31 October 2010

Sarah Leora.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sarah Silverman from East Hampton (US) is my age (no - seriously) and in the short space of just over a month, has gotten her very own label well and truly off the ground (every little girl's dream!). With her youthful and flirty approach to her fabrics and a little Juliet Capulet, I think Sarah and her label, Sarah Leora, is well on her way to bringing back the carefree femininity that floated down runways before Freja's androgyny came about. I asked Sarah to share with you guys some of the key points in her work and where she's headed. Keep ears open for this super sweet name, ladies and gentlemen:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Beginning
I launched my clothing line, Sarah Leora on September 19th 2010. I'm still in high school but I'm totally ready for the fashion world! I haven't been to design school but maybe that allows me to think outside the box rather than going along with the rules. This is my first collection and I hope everyone loves it as much as I do.

The Vibe
Sarah Leora is all about being feminine and girly at the same time. I think there's too many tomboy imagery in today's fashion. I'd like to bring back the feeling of femininity.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Inspiration
For my first collection I was inspired by iconic french actresses like Brigitte Bardot and Catherine Deneuve. I was also inspired by this French movie with Catherine Deneuve, Le Parapluies De Cherbourg, it's filled with beautiful colors!

The Future
I see myself living in New York City or maybe Paris. I'll probably be in my third year of college and very stressed! My clothing line will probably grow and big department stores will start carrying my clothing. That will be amazing!

The Bloggers
I think Bloggers have helped the fashion community in a tremendous way. It's easier to learn about new things recognize new people

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Photo credit: Aluna Jacove

Thanks Sarah! Definitely one to watch. Also check out this video for Sarah's first collection that I find super cute :)

On a side note, I am fantastically in love with that first Princess Dress! So old world, but fun.

Check out more of Sarah's work HERE.

P.S. Tomorrow will be the unveiling of the first of a series of super exciting events. The second being me finishing exams forever on Wednesday. :)

*love*

xx

26 comments:

Sanam said...

Wow, your in high school and already a designer! :D that is so inspirational, as i really want to be a designer too and am currently in high school :D good luck with it all :D




Day By Diva
Day By Diva
Day By Diva

Unknown said...

lovely... so nice!!!

The Editor said...

wow, i can't believe she's that young!

Wanda said...

I love your header and your blog!

xoxo wanda
http://itislikethesmelloffreedom.blogspot.com/

Ronja said...

everything looks like out of a world where princesses still live :-D love the third and fourth
<3

mollyvogue said...

This would be my dream. What a lucky girl. I really like the femininity of the collection and you can tell of her personality just by looking at these pieces :)

www.mollyvogue.blogspot.com

xx

Serena P. said...

Lovely!
S-

Sophia said...

Wow absolutely stunning pieces! I lovvvee the first dress especially. The photos are very beautiful as well, very playful and not so "glossy". <3

http://skiepies.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Real princesses)))

Gabriele said...

Amazing photos,I'm in love with white dresses :)

www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

G.

Vera said...

these are so cute. seriously, haha. definitely like the soft and pretty designs <3

Hilaloeya said...

NO KIDDING! My biggest wish is to design my own line! I am soo envious of her!

xx
www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

LETICIA E. said...

I like the last dress!! I love your blog.

follow you

xxx

Bor said...

great pics!

Diana said...

I love the pictures and the outfits Gorgeous!!
Ohh and your blog is really adorable.
Will defenitely check it out more often :)
www.dianas-fashion.blogspot.com

Anaivilo said...

Gosh, so young and such great pieces! Love her little collection she did a great job. I envy her :))

Melissa said...

WOW! amazing!
xx

Just Another Londoner said...

Oh my god this kind of thing depresses me so much...I feel so unaccomplished...I should probably go an invent some life-changing, intelligent invention already, I mean jeez, it's already past lunchtime"

Mina said...

oh wow what a lovely collection. very sweet and femine. 2 of those dresses would looks so good in my closet. i want them
xoxo
mina

like a fox said...

cute!

check out aussie style blog LIKE A FOX at

http://commeunrenard.blogspot.com
http://commeunrenard.blogspot.com
http://commeunrenard.blogspot.com

rouli said...

omg !!!!!!

amazin post here!

great pics!

loooooooooove asp the 1st one!

kiss dearest margaret:))

Sharon said...

She is brilliant, thanks for sharing.

And best of luck finishing up school!

Sharon xx

daniela kate morosini said...

this actually reminds me a lot of paul costelloe's s/s 2011 stuff, i love it!

mashi said...

so pretty, they kind of remind me of the Stella Macartney range at Target atm...

BEK F said...

Wowee! These designs are so beautiful and that's even more impressive that she's only a teenager!

Bek xx
http://voyeur-ist-ic.blogspot.com/

michelle_ said...

these degins are jaw dropping gorgeous margeret !
even much cooler that the designer is a teenager !!

glisters and blisters