Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Drums.



Yesterday I had the absolute pleasure of styling a shoot with Sydney photographer, Kent Johnson. My idea was to triablise my favourite pieces that you guys see me wearing from day to day - it's really interesting how wearing something backwards, or as a different garment altogether, can completely transform the mood - speaking of which, I had the time of my life constructing my odd little moodboard in the corner. I should do it for a living. Anyone? Working on make up with the super talented Maria Bravo was, then, an adventure in itself ("I've never drawn in someone's ear before!") and Zoe (Vivien's) did a stellar job - particularly in tolerating my bizarre demonstrations of tribal dance moves. It was also so fantastic having my gorgeous friend Katie on set with me!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'll be getting the final shots very soon, so get excited!

Hope you enjoyed the little behind the scenes video and shots above! Sorry about the camera-shake - I couldn't bring my tripod, so I was running between doing things, filming moments along the way all day!

*love*

xx

34 comments:

Zuzi said...

wow, this is awesome! going to watch the video now ;)

http://saladofmylife.blogspot.com

Kel & Jaz said...

wow this is so cool! how excitin to be a part of this cant wait to see the photos!!

xoxo,jaz
Join the Kabuki Cocoon Sweater Shrug Giveaway...It's a good one!!

My Own Strange Little World said...

Wow!! Amazing experience!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

http://myownstrangelittle-world.blogspot.com

Chrissy Lau said...

Awesome video Margaret!I'm always curious to see what's going on behind the scenes of a fashion shoot :-) x

Unknown said...

wow! it's awsome!
congrats!

xoxo
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

looks amazing, i love your moodboard!

Jessica Addessi said...

amazing! :D congratulation :)
kiss kiss
see you soon
Jessica :)

ratua said...

Cool post! Ever so inspiring! I like your blog so much! Especially the header of it, sooo eye-catching!

niknok said...

awesome! can't wait for the photos!!!

Unyime Akpanudosen said...

Nice styling Margaret. Interesting theme for the shoot.

-Unyime

Your Only Black Swan said...

This is amazing! what an incredible experience for you! I'm sure you wont have any trouble scoring more opportunities like these... love the face/body paint!

youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

x Your Only Blackswan

rouli said...

cool post here:))lovely experience...!

kisssssssss

Natalie said...

How did you get the gig? Sounds awesome!

Lena said...

Wow, this is awesome video!!!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! What an experience! Love the video:)

Andrés Corella said...

It looks like it turned out great...can´t wait to see the results!

http://fiercepty.blogspot.com/

xx
Andy

Mia M. said...

your moodboard looks cool! Thank you for stopping by on my blog, yours is really nice, put it to my GFC! :)

bisous,
mia

Behind the Lashes said...

Awesomeness!!! I can't wait to see the final shots. Amazing work Margaret!!
xoxo Heather

Lok-Yin Lau said...

Awsome photos(:

Anaivilo said...

Congratulations! That really is something worth mentioning :D Love the idea and the video ;)

Charlotte Elise Jay said...

I love the video!

Cannot wait to see the final shots!

Looks amazing

Char x

Anonymous said...

Bonjour love,
lovely post! great blog too :)
I'm glad I stumbled across it.
stop by sometime<3

Much Love, Natalie Liao
http://lavagabonddame.blogspot.com/

styledigger said...

Can't wait for the effects!

Rebecca Maureen said...

really incredible, can't wait to see the finished product. such a good job margaret. you are so talented, I can tell you're going to go far with your innovate eye :)

Camilla said...

Im so excited to see them!

intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

Andreea said...

Great video and such an awesome idea!:)

♥ kisses ♥

http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

Kent Johnson said...

Whoa! Thats 'my' first BTS Video. I didn't even see you making it LOL! Thanks guys :~)

Catherine Au Jong said...

interesting post!

love.
catherine
http://etinological.blogspot.com/

Yuri said...

That's awesome, congrats! These photos look great.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

you have such a creative job, being able to work with fantastic clothes and accessories every day. jealous! love the blog <3xo

ANI :) said...

Dude this is so epic, must have been a really good experience

you srzly are one of the most talented people I know :)

but i havent got my latest fashion tips on my fb wall LOL

Bradley Higgenbottom said...

love the post! and cant wait to see the final shots!!!


Check out my illustrations @ http://mrinsomniac.blogspot.com/

BrutaLBudget said...

Howd you get this experience?