Friday, 29 April 2011

Ridiculous.

IMG_1798

Covet Vintage Co. White Button Down - ASOS Boyfriend Belt - Winter Kate by Nicole Richie Saxon Velvet Shorts from miijo.com - Lovisa Necklace - Wanted Shoes ROC Wedgie Wedge from Westfield.com.au

It's pretty evident that I'm a bit silly in the head, shooting these to show you what I wore to today's packed day about Sydney. I really am as obsessed with the beautiful deep purple velvet on these shorts as they are comfortable (my flash-manic photos really don't do them any justice). They drew a lot of triple takes in my roamings about Sydney today - first for the high waist, second for the what-the-hell-they're-purple, and third for the oh-my-god-they're-velvet. Just as much as neons are set to replace camel this season, I'm pretty sure velvet is replacing everything. And purple is kicking black.

IMG_1807
IMG_1808
IMG_1813
IMG_1810

So here's little old me just before Mrs Press' SS11/12 at Sofitel (will have photos up super soon - the collection was so fun and sweet!):

IMG_1619

And, if you've been stalking Twitter or Facebook, you'll have seen this super sneaky little behind-the-scenes snap taken on my shoot with the talented Ash Myburgh this morning - final shots will be here in due time!

P.S. Ridiculous is the word of the day.

P.P.S. The Gigi Vintage Giveaway closes tonight! Get in super fast and last minute HERE.

*love*

xx

26 comments:

Anaivilo said...

Indeed those shorts are amazing! I really love the color and that fabric is my ultimate favorite!:D

Mischel double W said...

i so like this look, and yes the shorts are gorgeous :)

http://mischeldoublew.blogspot.com/

Plami said...

I actually like how your hair looks like! Great outfit! You can never go wrong with a white shirt and the necklace is gorgeous!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

lovely look *-*

Olga Nieto said...

Me gusta tu look.

besos

Behind the Lashes said...

Love that shirt! You look great!

Camilla said...

I love the shorts immensely

x Camilla

intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you look wonderful:)

Carla Chávez Lino said...

i like it! cute shorts!

Pieter said...

Great outfit!
I like the shorts! x

Theblackm4ze.blogspot.com

Alice said...

very nice ♥

Bronzed Humanity said...

I looove those shorts! you look so cute in them!
xx
Hot Pink Day

Abby said...

you rock them! hooray for velvety delights.

xx

amalie said...

gorgeous! loove those shorts!
x

Your Only Black Swan said...

YOUR SHORTS! i honestly think my heart just skipped a beat! they are fantastic - velvet and purple OMG!

jealous much haha

looking forward to seeing your shoot dear!


x Lauren
youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

brooke said...

I LOVED your outfit yesterday! Oh and the reason everyone was looking is because of your great legs! (lets not mention creepy martin place man)...

xx

ilsteviewonder said...

I love this
:D

LDM said...

hi! i just saw you on vivi magazine! your blog is super cute. following you for sure. hope you will drop by my blog too :)

xx from hong kong
www.ldmldmldm.com

LDM said...

hey! silly me left you the response on my site. i'd send you photos of the page tonight by email is that alright? let me know you email contact! xxx

starryknight said...

I'm so jealous of you! why does everything you wear just has to be AMAZINGGGG :) btw how'd you do the belt in that knot? i cant get my head around it.

Monroe Steele said...

cool post...really love those shorts too and how you styled them!

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

bbbananacake said...

I really love that outfit!
xxxx
Cristine

NLR said...

I love your outfit!
Great shorts ;-)

xx

Anonymous said...

oh, Margaret you're so lovely! :)
lovin' the velvettt<3

xx natalie
http://lavagabonddame.blogspot.com/

Liana said...

omg those shorts are awesome, i can see why the got triple stares!

Fashion Bag 411

Anonymous said...

tots in LOVE with those shorts!
idk why people hate on velvet! i love velvet!

talesofmonkeyandpig.blogspot.com