Thursday, 14 April 2011

Boy.

IMG_9980

YesStyle.com.au Long Button Jacket - Supré Denim Washed Button Front Shirt with Studs - Junk Clothing Jersey Bustier Top - SCANLAN & THEODORE Highwaisted Tailored Trousers - Tony Bianco Dodge Boots in Ash Suede - Gigi Vintage Croc Leather Purse - FaceFront Rocket Bronzer - FaceFront Ouro Fino Lip Colour

It got chilly enough this afternoon for me to pull two layers and pants. I feel like this Winter, for me, is going to be much less about last year's asymmetrical layering, and more about boxy silhouettes (as appreciated in my last post) and perfection in all things unrefined, undercut by the tinier details - in this case, the greatest alternating brushed studs on any shirt I've ever seen. While denim, khaki and the (intentional) hair does amount to boyish-charm overload, there's nothing a bustier, high waists and favourite platforms can't do in the name of balance.

Seriously.

And a heads up in advance for you all: liking the insane leather on this Gigi Vintage purse? I'll be giving it away to one lucky reader starting next week, so get ready and excited. For a bit of a head start, start browsing Gigi for your favourite item.

IMG_0049
IMG_0033
IMG_0016
IMG_0042
IMG_0062

As you've probably noticed, I'm damn tired to the point where dots of white eyeliner on the inside corner of the eyes (my usual I've-had-8-hours-sleep go-to) just made me look like a clown (my accounting mid-semester exam is tomorrow night - who was the genius who decided to schedule heavily weighted exams at dinner time? I should send them flowers).

A trick I've picked up from uni (don't ask) is that cheekbones pretty distract from anything bad that might be happening on your face that day - thus the use of a little of this refreshingly light FaceFront bronzer just below each cheekbone. Respect.

IMG_9966
IMG_9963

This is one of four of Facefront's 'Rocket Bronzers' - all of which do a pretty good job of covering a range of skintones, I'd say. Check them out HERE.

What a monster post. Back to books I go.

P.S. I finally caved to having a Shine By Three facebook page :) It's pretty (very) bare bones at the moment, but as soon as all my assessments are done, I'll be sure to make it pretty and presentable. In the mean time, just *like* and wait... HERE.

*love*

xx

27 comments:

Nyrha said...

Stunning outfit, I love the colours! And bag is beautiful

xx
http://maddenim.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You look SO beautiful in these shot! Amazing outfit x

http://turnonthebrightlightss.blogspot.com/

Plami said...

Gorgeous! I love the trench! And you're so beautiful!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

samantha ramage said...

gorgeous pictures. when i was going through exams in school i couldn't be bothered to get dressed up let alone put on makeup! way to go!

xo
sami
ps. check out my giveaway!
http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/04/heart-over-head.html

Camilla said...

Wow, your cheekbones do look gorgeous in these photos. And those trousers are just amazing.

x Camilla

intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

I love it... U look gorgeous!

Collections said...

That jacket is beautiful and I'm a huge huge fan of wide legged pants.

I'm having a $100 dollar Shopbop giftcard GIVEAWAY on my blog! Come check it out :) It's open to international bloggers as well.

Collections Giveaway

Chyrel Gomez said...

yey! another give away. while browsing through your photos, you remind me of the young Sayuri (Ziyi Zhang) in the movie version of memoirs of a geisha.

modaslamona said...

so cute ^^

Andrés Corella said...

You are rocking that outfit! Love the trench and the bag!

xx
Andy
The Black Label

Behind the Lashes said...

You look gorgeous hun. I love this look! And your makeup, even though it's very natural, looks amazing on you. Great bronzer trick, and the lips shade is amazing!

Unknown said...

perfect outfit *-*

claarax. said...

Wow! It's beautiful!

Sammi said...

I really love the bag. (And your nailpolish is gorgeous!)
Eat your heart out,
Sammi

Jessica said...

You are very pretty. I love your outfit. It has turned a little cooler here the last few days. I don't really mind it gives me a few more days before I have to give up my winter clothes.

Lydz xX said...

you look great

http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
Lydz xX

The Girl With a Feather said...

This outfit is perfect! I love the layers and I love you in those pants! Good luck with exams!

The Sydney Girl said...

you look so pretty! love the brown/green shades in the photos! x

Liana said...

love this outfit!

Fashion Bag 411

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I think I have a new blog crush. I love the way you write, your style and the photography. Definitely following!

www.fairydah.net

Jess said...

Super hun. good luck your way with exams xx

Kik:) said...

thank you so much for your coment!!it makes me so happy:D:P...you´re so beautiful!!and i love your bag:P

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! You know how to pose for the camera!

http://theeyesofmara.blogspot.com/

moń said...

i like it !

Carla Chávez Lino said...

you look very beutiful, love the outfit ;)

Anonymous said...

Great photos, as always! Beautiful shot of you up close.

Sarah-Leigh
http://sarah-leighsstylefiles.blogspot.com/

xx

Klaudia said...

love the outfit!!! love your style ;)