Tuesday, 28 December 2010

By cash or card?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Covet Vintage Co. Silk Blouse - Junk Clothing Lace Up Leggings - TOPSHOP Wisteria Wedges - Night Market Rings

Just sharing what I wore to work yesterday. Don't I sound old!? 8 hours of retail - which has actually turned out to be a lot more interesting than I envisaged. Prime example:

Woman: You have a boyfriend?
Margaret: No... did you want to try that on?
Woman: My son can be your boyfriend, yeah?
. . .

Woman: So you're now my daughter-in-law. Give me a discount?

Fun times.

Anyway - I was never really told what the dress code was, but I haven't been yelled at yet so I guess I'll keep improvising. This amazing semi-sheer shirt from the one-stop-uber-vintage-shop Covet Vintage Co. is the new staple of my life and is happily at the head of the whites/creams division of my wardrobe, and married to my beloved Junk leggings. Mmmm lace-up.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I know it's been a bit quiet lately, but hope you're all having a fantastic festive season! What have you been up to?

*love*

xx

58 comments:

Constança said...

Love the shoes! I've been saving for some Topshop Wedges hope to buy them soon.

x

Anonymous said...

haha how funny! At least that made you are alittle more interesting.
i wont get sick of those wedges.

Briana said...

great, as always. have a happy new year!

Anonymous said...

dang. i meant haha how funny! At least that made your day alittle more interesting.
i wont get sick of those wedges.

xx said...

simple and chic! the best.

kate said...

Loving the outfit!!! Hope it's work appropriate because it looks fab!!
velvet cupcakes

Tayler Worrell said...

Love this look. so simple and chic. love the blouse!

www.bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com/

Amanda Corrine said...

I love these pictures, who takes them for you?

Unknown said...

MERRY after CHRISTMAS ;-)))
u look soo good hun!!!!

KISSES from NEW YORK
Julia

http://geeksndfashion.blogspot.com/

shoulderache said...

Do tell...what's the big, chunky ring on your left hand? Vintage?

Very nice!

Kel & Jaz said...

Wow hilarious!

and your look...simply gorgeous! This look is so simple yet so ...Brilliant! I love it!

xoxo,jaz
fashionstatement101.blogspot.com
splashofsparkle.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE those wedges and the pants! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Abby said...

Hahahah at the lady at your work!

You look hot!! I was rocking a similar shirt yesterday, sheer is amaze!

xx

Rebecca Maureen said...

Amazing! I am working a little retail right now too for extra $ and yeah...it's interesting to say the least. You have the craziest cool pants in the world. I need to check out Topshop's pants!!

Vera said...

ah i love love love this shirt. definitely my idea of the perfect shirt :) bahaha.
and i had a good laugh at that woman who asked if you would give her a discount. ohhhh dear. haha.
hope you're enjoying your holidays!

http://project-vee.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! You are looking lovely! I love that white button down, such a classic must have!

XX

alannah. said...

hah wow some people are good arent they.
what a beautiful work outfit, all im allowed to wear is plain black slacks & plain black shirt :( not much room for creativity there!
everytime i see you wearing those gorgeous wedges i have a little bit of a cry at their unavailability in my size.
oh & that ring on your right hand is gorgeous.
x

jess said...

love this look! sheer blouse is so perfect with those lace-up tights!

Vonny said...

always love your photos :)

Aki No Yuutsu said...

That's a very interesting conversation...

putri soe said...

your poses are adorable as well as the outfit itself :)

The Spoof.

Annachiara Savio said...

wow...i looove all your post!!!wonderfull!!!

http://anyannachiara.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

Lovely outfit :) I love the withe shirt

xx

Anna said...

i love your tights! you're such a cutie .)

Kim said...

Love it! Simple but so chic! :) Happy New Yeaaar :)
brunetteblogging.com

ANI :) said...

OMG LACE - we have such good memories with you and lace, do u remember marge ;)?

and i love the conversation between the woman and margaret, though i must say margaret was quite rude in it, you have to always answer the customer properly :)

oh yeah give me more information about this lace thing

http://margeisretarded.blogspot.com/

much love,
mAdas

Nettie S. said...

That was a funny conversation. Haha. Where do you work? If you don't mind me asking :>

Rikikulina said...

wow this look is really great :...I love your natural style compared with these not so simple wedges... xxx

no closet com insigths said...

Great pics!!!

Monroe Steele said...

love this look. very simple yet chic

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Timothy Duong said...

Did you meet her son? :P

Love the wedges =3

vdcouture said...

those are gorgeous shots <3

vdcouture

Unknown said...

haha that lady was funny:)
GREAT outfit!!! I adore the simplicity! Chic

Anonymous said...

I love so much this outfit!
the shoes are incredible,the thigts, amazing!

Kacrates said...

i always love the Topshop shoes and Jefrey Campbells. and the 80%20%s.


Lovely combo. Simple yet chic.

Anonymous said...

i need me that shirt! <3

Imogen said...

Very stylish and I love the shirt. Happy new year.

Ladinia DalinTasya said...

i love your shirt

xo,
Tasya

Kymare said...

Amazing! xo

cristina petre said...

love it!

jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luna S said...

these shots are stunning! that blouse is wonderful in the light, and that jumping picture is awesome :)
i love your style and blog!!
love always,
laken
http://chaitealattefashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you're amazing on these pics! ...as always!!!
hope your holidays were FAB! thank you for your sweet comment! and have amazing new year's eve!!!

xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

love the pictures and the outfit!
http://victoriadiazs.wordpress.com/

Camilla Didriksen said...

wow, nice pics :)

the katkatesse said...

Dieu,que j'aime ton legging! j'en suis jalouse

FASHIONABLE PRIS said...

Love this look! I just found your blog and I love it!! Best wishes for 2011!!!

Please visit my blog and enter my HUB giveaway!

xxx

http://fashionablepris.blogspot.com/

rouli said...

u look amazin!!!!

love ur leggings !

magic new year!
kiss

BANMS said...

Hey!! Happy New Year!!! <3
Stay fabulous :D xxx
ps love the outfit :D shoes especially xx

Lena said...

Happy New Year! You look amazing! I love your blog!!!

Nana MoonDancer said...

incredible body darling
I really admire your sillouethe
and i like this outfit very much
it's simple butchic and it has its own special thing...dunno
have a happy new year dear:)

king said...

Have a fabulous new year!

Hen said...

Lovely blog!
You are in my Sunday blogger inspiration :)
The link is Teenage Daydreams if you want to have a look.

Unknown said...

you look gorgeous and I admire your blog! :) xx

Jessica said...

ahhh the shoes! I dieee.
love your blog xx

www.dreamingofidaho.blogspot.com

Ara said...

Love the silk shirt :)

Jess said...

you are gorgeous hun x

Jessica Ly said...

LOL at the lady haha. Loving this outfit!!