Sunday, 23 May 2010

Kick in the head.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Vintage Knit Sweater - sQ Dress - Tony Bianco Dodge Ash Suede Boots

These were taken a while ago on my day mucking around avec my gorgeous friend Katie. Shutter speed, ridiculous exposure and the mission to find you guys as many weird brick walls as possible, is very. very. fun. You should try it some time :)

I am yet to find a way of layering this gorgeous sQ dress in such a way that:
  1. I won't look like a fat pidgeon (if I'm layering a tee underneath, that is)
  2. I won't obscure the pretty pink and purple acid wash fabric
To comprise, I messed around with this vintage knit of mine for no practical reason at all. It makes for a pretty silhouette though, right?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So much love for shutter speed and sunlight on white walls.

Hope you've all had amazing weekends! My little pile of to-be-altered vintage stuff is growing slightly alarmingly.

P.S. Don't forget to ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!

*love*

xx

90 comments:

Isabella Maria said...

You are so beautiful !! ^_^
Kisses : * !

Ken said...

that looks awesome
two thumbs up

A PIECE OF PASSION said...

Beautiful! Love the last photo.

xoxo

A PIECE OF PASSION

Bohemian said...

Looks amazing!

Rosa said...

This looks amazing and stunnign and amazing combo of dress and knit ! And those amazing heels.

christelle said...

Wow I love!!!! Your dress is very beautiful!!! :)

Mystery Bruises said...

the silhouette picture is awesome!

xx
www.mysterybruises.blogspot.com

Siri said...

This outfit is just awesome!!

Victoria said...

wooo ! i love the dress and shoes ! high heels ! :)
seeu

Sunniva said...

LOVE the photo's. I have shoes just like yours, only mine are leopard. Love them! But too much of a chicken to wear them much. They are (bad ass) tall! Guess I just need to practise. :p

Georgia said...

Same, I'm always buying stuff and telling myself to "alter" them.. Somehow never gets done!
I love the last photo, the silhouette really shows off your amazing shoes!
It would be mine

Stella said...

Gorgeous outfit!

Natasha V. said...

A fat pigeon??? A FAT PIGEON?????!!! You'll be a DEAD pigeon the next time I see you ...

:)

Timothy Duong said...

Sydney is so damn gloomy :(

It's so cold..

Alette said...

Thank you for such a nice comment. And I love your shoes.

putri soe said...

damn your shoes are to die for!

The Spoof.

Hilaloeya said...

Wauwwww I lovee itt! You go girl!!

xx

www.hilaloeya.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

WOWZER! These pics are too amazing! I love your shoes and your dress.. so gorgeous! And also, what amazing photography, so editorial-like.
xxx

Jesspastry said...

love!

Kasia said...

Thank you SOOO much for your lovely comment! :)
Gorgeous pictures!

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

mashi said...

Love the dress, you styled it so well. Glad you had fun taking pictures of your outfits. I find it so hard to do it by myself. Need to find a bestie willing to take pics for me x

Zuzia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zuzia said...

the last picture is wonderful! and your shoes... i love them!

xoxo

the-red-zebra.blogspot.com

Val'... said...

Why my hair is amazing?? :D

Your blog looks totally great!!
I'll come back to!!
I think to become member!!! :D

Elena said...

Thanks a lot for your comment! your blog is great, i follow you!!

Lucy said...

You look amazing! And I LOVE the dress..
x

Slanelle said...

your shoes are amazing !

Clemence M. said...

Th pictures and the outfit are great ! You look like a model, really.
Love your blog !

Bea said...

The last photo is pretty cool. :)

I can sympathize with you- when I was thrifting today I had to stop myself from buying another piece that needed altering. I've decided my new money saving philosophy is that if it doesn't fit then it's not meant for me.

B from A plus B

Anonymous said...

your shoes are insane, and I love it <3

Sheray said...

Gorgeous! I love the silhouette shot, it's amazing. You have great style.
I'm now following you. :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog too, please come back sometime.
♥ Sheray.

fashionsherayde.blogspot.com

www.janetteria.com said...

Love the last photo too!

Anonymous said...

Margaret this is a wonderful shoot. Love the dress and think u did well to pair it with the knit sweater. looks fab.

Hope you are having a brilliant day.

Dena x

Fée-Lys said...

you are very beautiful and your dress is so pretty and i love your shoes <3

Jess said...

Your incredible xx

Emm said...

great dress and shoes!
And that silhouette shot, wow!

-em
spindizzyfall

Rose said...

margaret you look so good!

Inés said...

thanks for your comment,your blog is great,i follow you

closet obsessions said...

obsessed with those shoes.

http://closetobsessions.blogspot.com

OooKellyNicky said...

Wow, look at those boots. Talk about drama, I love the texture and color!

my blog: ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

Rebecca Jane said...

That dress is lovely! So pretty

Sasha et moi said...

love what shutter speed makes on the last photo, you look great

Yaary said...

omg this outfit is perfect! you look stunning..
the boots are soo cute!

Nedda Ebo said...

That's such a lovely outfit and GORGEOUS photos!! Those shoes are killerrrr.

Mustart x

Vivian said...

you're beautiful!!
love those heels<3

Lana said...

pretty!!
the dress is lovely & you always find the perfect brick wall backgrounds haha :]

Zoe Schlacter said...

Awesome post-- your photos are heavenly. And those shoes really make me smile. Your blog is super duper kewl, in case you didn't know that already...

girlwiththeflower.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Gorgeous outfit, absolutely love the shoes!

Copious Couture said...

You look lovely and these pictures are awesome!!!!

Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

I love that dress, and the photos are lovely :)

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Marinka said...

wow those heels are so high, I am impressed ..I could probably never walk in those :P But they look really great on you.

Carys said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for commenting so I could find your blog, it's great!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Carina Joana said...

Your boots are Amazing!

penny. LA said...

That third photo is most definitely amazing!

Gorgeous dress, too. <3 I think I need some model-esque friends so that I can start taking some more photos myself!

http://pennyla.com

Unknown said...

That dress and shoes?! oooooh god amazing
love you girl
xoxo natalia
i waaant your shoes

juliapersson87@gmail.com said...

thanks. This dress was sweet, like the design ^^

Isabel said...

i love those booties!

Walk of Fashion

Kaye said...

Beautiful dress

Enora said...

very impressive boots ! and photographs are very nice.

4estilos.com said...

i want your shoes. Likeeed!!!!

kss

Raez said...

so pretty! love th first picture, great lighting.

xx raez

Margaret said...

Amazing as always:)

Carmen To said...

you are so gorgeous! :) thanks for stopping by my blog! i can't wait to read more of your updates!
amazing dress , loving it!

-Carmen

Vicki said...

breath taking photos! :)
vicki xo

Sophia said...

Such BEAUTIFUL photos, amazing!!! The sweater is gorgeous. <3

skiepies.blogspot.com/

jolaa said...

Thanks for you comment! I'm still doubting though about the Silver or the Gold Chanel. I wish I could buy them both haha. But anyways Nice blog and love those shoes!

xoxo

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

hi: you look so pretty.I have an award for you,come to my blog,girl.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

very nice outfit and pictures! i would love to have a pair of those shoes. also i joined your giveaway!

JEAN-PIERRE said...

love the shoes

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

such a hot outfit! love!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

Debbie said...

You look so beautiful in your dress! I love the color and the knit sweater along with it. Of course your boots are EPIC!! :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks for your comments, great outfit shoot, love the vintage sweater teamed with the dress.

~ the dandelion girl ~

BANMS said...

OMG epic pictures!! i want your shoe yo! ehhehe love the heels A LOT <3 :D you are so gorgeous in these pictures :D xxx

TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

I really like this look, cute matching sweater-dress-shoes....Gorgeous post!!!

ediot said...

great photos and divine dress
hope youre having a nice monday. such a nice blog

xx ediot
www.ediot.org

victoriadiazs said...

beautiful!
xx
http://victoriadiazs.wordpress.com

rudegirlnina said...

ahhhhhhh those shoeeees <3

Kookie B. said...

i seriously love the styling here. that cardigan made a difference.

do send me some crazy love over at deathbyplatforms.blogspot.com :)

Hélène said...

you're gorgeous !=D

Ayanna Michelle said...

love love love!
The whole look is so different and chic. very well put together my dear! <3

Jessica said...

You look incredible! I love the shoes with this dress.

stylestalker said...

WOW awesome shots of you dear. You look great! The location is sweet!

xxx

Shauna Nep said...

gorgeous... wow.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That dress is just beautiful!

Eli said...

love these photos

The Sydney Girl said...

BEAUTIFUL! X

T E A said...

Love your blog ! definately a follow !

Love those boots too ! (:
and your style !

http://yaki-tea.blogspot.com/
http://yaki-tea.blogspot.com/

Plami said...

Beautiful outfit! I'm curently obssesed with dresses :) and the shoes are gorgeous!

XoXo
Fiamma

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Sweet Glow Beauty said...

LOVE these photos!! Especially the last one!

http://sweetglowbeauty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i am literally jealous of you
your so beautiful! love your heels
xxx