
Junk Clothing Dress - Featherhead Plume Stretch Headband in 'Natural Grey' - Rubi Shoes Spider Tights
And so I somehow wound up being 17 today. How it happened, I don't know - let's keep it on the hush hush, shall we?
Kidding :) I had, I think, the most memorable birthday to date:
- I blew out three sets of 17 candles - breakfast, lunch and dinner (thrice the wishes, people!)
- I got more hugs, chocolate and 'Happy Birthdays' than anything I can ever remember
- It was nice to be permanently smiling
And now, I feel the need to do a commentary. One of the beautiful gifts I got today was this dress by Junk Clothing from Rena, who wrote the sweet card and has the most beautiful handwriting. It is honestly the most perfect little black dress ever - strong shoulders, body con and all. I'm still lost for words about that one :O
This incredible plume feather headband is designed and handmade by the beautiful Philomena Kwok of Featherhead. I had the pleasure of meeting her a few weeks ago at the Fashion Forward Festival, and she sent this stunner through last week, suggesting going full boho with it. So although my hair isn't quite long enough to pull off the doubly braided and tucked style Phil suggested, I got halfway there (side braid?)... and I definitely did take on the advice of "something unexpected like a sleek LBD" - aren't you loving how everything seems to coincide so perfectly :)
Then come the tights - I treated myself to these from Rubi Shoes on the weekend. I think it's safe to say that I'm a bit obsessed with them. Am I badass enough to wear them with my new Dr Martens? Dare me. Dare taken. Watch this space :)





And with all those pretty new things, I really can't go wrong with my favourite boots, right? :)
Thank you all for the beautiful birthday wishes already - they really did make my day that much more amazing. I love you all!
*love*
xx















81 comments:
this is gorgeous hon!!!
great combination ~
ps. happy birthday for the bazillienth time !!
Σ:3
you are amazing
ps. happy birthday again
miley xx
happy birthdayyyy :)
nice pic!!
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u look absolutely amazin!!!!!!!!
ur tights are so rad!!!!
kiss
www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com
LOVE THIS LOOK!! xxx
I love that song! It's so funny!
I would die for those boots! I couldn't find them :(
You look great!
Sandra
http://dearlookbook.blogspot.com
Happy Happy Birthday! I am glad it was a lovely day. Love your dress!
amazing! you look amazing
/happy (late) birthday
x
happy birthday!! i love the dress :)
www.walkoffashion.com
Yay for hot rad presents!! I'm going to suss me out those tights tomorrow. Love the poses too sweet. Fun times x
Happy b-day sweets! you look amazing! I really like the photos where you smile :) cute!
xoxo T
www.myideaofstyle.blogspot.com
The outfit it's so cute!
♥Raquel... :)
loving the tights
wow, you're only 17?? wish i dressed as well as you do when i was that age!
happy birthday!!! stay amazing & fierce. :D
http://boatridethroughthesky.blogspot.com/
I was going to say the exact same thing ^^ You also don't look 17, much older! I'm turning seventeen soon :D Anyways, love your outfit, those bold shoulders and tights! Great!xx
Happy Birthday Beauty !!!!! nice look !!!
xxxx
Happy birthday! Love the outfit :)
xx
awesome look
Fantastic tights!
♥
Happy Birthday!
17 and so much style.
I wish I dressed like that when I was 17.
♥ Sheray.
fashionsherayde.blogspot.com
Awww happy birthday!!! KILLER outfit, I love the combination in every imaginable way! <3
skiepies.blogspot.com/
Love those leggings. Belated happy birthday
xx
Sahi
ww.barelyvogue.com
Awwweee how could anyone look so fantastic!? Amazing boots!!!
Happy Birthday! :)
Love your tights to no end. Love the dress.
www.galwithcurves.blogspot.com
Hey Happy Birthday! Gosh I want to be 17 again :-)
love this look on you! happy bday! :)
aw happy birthday!you look so amazing!loveee those tights, guess you dont have to worry bout getting holes in them! cute feather headband too.
You look so edgy and fabulous!!!! Happy belated birthday!
Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com
happy birthday~!
YES! you should ALWAYS wear them with docs :-) happy birthday!
Great leggings! Happy B-day once more!
Happy birthday! Those tights are insane-cool, and so is the dress! Gosh if I only were that stylish when I was 17.... xx
http://sundayschooltime.blogspot.com/
happy happy birthday! this has got to be my favorite post so far. so badass! the ensemble is perfect.
happy birthday :)
glad to hear that you had a fantastic day! i love those tights on you.
happy birthday you cutie you! and a very happy unbirthday to me! (which by the way i love that song and the movie - what'd you think of the new one?)
KeepItFvncy,
M.E.
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, I wish you with love, happy birthday to youuuuu.
The dress is great, the headset is amazing and your boots are total.
You're a beauty and style, enjoy, see you soon, amuaaaaaaaaaaa
Happpyyyyy Biiiirthdaaaaay!!!!!!!
Wish you luck!
You look beautiful on your birthday!! Yay for being 17 (que Stevie Nicks)! You rock girl :)
that outfit is lovely darling happy birthday from los angeles
http://www.buttonsandbowsla.com/
happy birthday !!!!!!!! *_*
You looks gorgeous!!! so hot !!! i love it :D
ps. Happy B. Day
xoxo
Happy Bday =D
Love your smile on these pictures !
Bises !
Happy Bday darling!!!
Love your style!!
xoxo
Oh girl just stop being so amazing
perfect love it
xoxo natalia
http://herointemptation.blogspot.com/
I love the dress hun, very good pick from Rena and you've styled it well. Happy birthday and glad to hear you had a wonderful day =)
Happy Birthday!
You're super cute, I lovelovelove your tights!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!! hope it was amazing :D
great pics.. still cant believe how young you are (says the girl 3 months older :P) xx
Gaaah HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day and that dress is such a nice gift. And I LOVE your tights. Hope all your birthday wishes come true love!
Mustart x
happy birthday! you look stunning, the dress is great :)
i'm glad you had such a lovely day!
xx.
wicked as tights.
visit my blog to hear about my encounter with THE COBRASNAKE.
check out aussie style blog LIKE A FOX at
www.commeunrenard.blogspot.com
www.commeunrenard.blogspot.com
www.commeunrenard.blogspot.com
happy happy birthday little Margaret ♥
wish you a lovely lovely 17 and stay happy and cute!
these photos are gorgeous!!!!what camera are you using??do you have any filter on?i really love the outcome!!!
enjoy your birthday month sweetie!
xxx
twee
www.EzzentricTopz.blogspot.com
Joyeux anniversaire Belle Margaret! I wish you the best.
I love the edit of the day, you continue to progress. Incredible! I'd like to have 17 and your talent.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! YAY hehe
wow lucky you gorgeous items sent to you :D
Glad you had an awesome birthday and WOW loads of candles blowing session eh:P ehhe (that makes you 17x3= 51 years old :O!! HEHE OMG im kidding :D) xxxxxx
Happy belated birthday to you dear! You look uber cool! And those are super lovely birthday presents :D And I love the photos. Haha.
Happy birthday! I am obsessed with those tights, I would wear them w/ everything : )
Happy Birthday deary :)
You have the exact same birthday as my friend and I'm exactly 10 days older thanm you :)
Wish all the best :)
Happy birthday sweetie!!
love the look!
xx
www.hilaloeya.blogspot.com
I love your stockings!! (:
I love! and especially your tights!
Happy birthday (:
Thanks for being the first random comment on my blog, I don't even know if you remember!
It sounds like you had a lovely daay! (:
x
happy bday :) cooool thights
Happy belated birthday! I am LOVE with those tights! I may just have to buy some! Hope you had a great day, you deserve it. 17 was one of the best years for me, hope it is for you!
Lis xXx
Congratulations :D
Your look is perfect^^
Rocking outfit!! So cool! And good to hear you had a happy birthday :)
www.thedanishgirl.wordpress.com
Happy Bday!!!!! wish you all the best!
you look amazing and beautiful in this outfit . love the tights i have to say, the dress is fab!the head stuff is lovely you look perfect!!!
xxx
you look amazing!
Very cute look..
And congrats on turning 17.
Take it from everyone who says it.. You'll never live it again, so live it up, girl! Live it up some for me, too! I miss being 17! (:
xoxo
dustbunniesss.blogspot.com
love love love the tights and thes images.
Hey - we have the same birthday! Though I didn't turn 17 but 27 yesterday! So I wish you a belated Happy Birthday!! xx
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE PHOTOS.
Happy Birthday again. Hope you had the perfect day.
Dena x
These tights are gooorgeous! I am in love, amazing birthday outift you look great :)
Charlyx
http://x-whatiworetoday-x.blogspot.com
you look gorgeous!! i love your tights so much just a great outfit!!
Big kiss from france!
very nice photos!!!!!
happy seventeen babe! that's a gorgeous headband. & yes, how well your bday presents all go together :) i love your huge smile :D
in love with your tights and your figure is crazy perfect! you're really cute as well, love these shots!
Arn't you lucky :) Hope you had a great birthday! Nice tights :)
- Adele
MOLTOCURIOSA.COM ♥
WOW you absolutely look amazing!
love the tights and everything else about this outfit!
xe
Happy birthday you lovely girl
i love the dress that you have and the leggings match well
:)
i just love this outfit and these pics!!
xx Ragnhild
http://ragnhildiversen.blogspot.com
Great outfit!
Emma xxx
http://emmalovesfashion3.blogspot.com/
thanks for your comment!!
Love your blog!! I'll definitely be following it!!
xoxo
lamia
http://ginger-chocolateandhoney.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment