Monday, 26 July 2010

Brian Reyes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Brian Reyes' ability to construct an incredibly structured piece from a series of twists really does get me thinking about the industry and what needs to set you apart from the grain. I came across Brian's work when I saw the incredible corset gown in red, which I vowed to wear to my graduation formal - though somehow that's looking a little doubtful at the moment! His latest Resort 2011 collection really captures the vibe we associate with different elements of times of year when the mercury is high and zinc does not leave noses alone, but the best part is that there actually is something there for everybody. The collection covers such a wide sweep of genres, age groups, you name it, that has not been approached in such a way before. But the creative process is there in mixing and matching to make it so.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks so much to Michael McLaughlin for sending these through! Given my current love for scoop necklines and sweetheart necklines (wow - not very discrete on my part), Brian's work has really clicked conceptually for me too :)

Check out more pieces HERE.

P.S. the giveaway is now closed, but not even joking: there shall be another tomorrow! I'll also be drawing the winner so keep those fingers crossed :)

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

*love*

xx

28 comments:

Inez said...

Love the yellow and the last dress!
Really want the last dress, for my exame gala

Anonymous said...

I love all the shoes! :)

Andrea
http://andrejkyblog.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Such gorgeous dresses!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

The yellow one is beautiful.

http://behindthelashes.com

Drakulya said...

Awesome! Love the cut of the clothes. Really interesting!

Drakulya

Unknown said...

amazing!!!!!
xoxo
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

JULIA said...

Those are some amazing pieces <3

luciana said...

Awesome. Love the last one!

ediot said...

i looove the 3&4th dress. soo divine.thanks for sharing.
what a wonderful blog

The Serial Dresser said...

apparently I'm not the only one in love with the lime colored dress.. it's amazing! (and so is the rest of his work. so inspiring.)

sally said...

that first blue dress is kind of awesome. loveee this post.


www.iamcoloring.com

Lin said...

gorgeous pics and dresses ♥

LyddieGal said...

I love the yellow dress, the pleats extending beyond the hemline are so fabulous!!

Chic on the Cheap

SIMONA said...

i really like this post because the dresses are stunning!

xx
http://thepicnicwithzebra.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love the last one!
gorgeous!
xxx

Cammy said...

amazing!
beautiful black dress!:)

http://glamour-lamka.blogspot.com/

Becca Dudley said...

amazing pieces, simple yet intricate so bang on for A/W trend! xx
http://thevestimaniac.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

loving the structured lines.

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

P.S. - I got my sunnies! thanks again dvrling ;)

Anonymous said...

great dresses

Sybilla said...

Great great dresses!!

Love all of them!

www.todieforchic.com

www.janetteria.com said...

I love them all...

Noelle Chantal said...

beautiful interesting pieces! the yellow is so perfect as well as the last one. thanks for sharing these! :)

Metka: Matka said...

oh i love the last black dress
i can picture it in indigo - perfect 4 me

Kelly said...

His collection is beautiful!! It's so simplistic yet intricate at the same time!!

<3 Kelly

vdcouture said...

he's absolutely awesome!!!!

love,vdcouture

„Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” said...

great dresses! ;)

http://okiem-gwiazd.blogspot.com/

Constance said...

These are really gorgeous,
x

Becca Jane said...

such beautiful pieces! I love the yellow dress and that glorious blue coat