Saturday, 17 July 2010

Blur |blər| n. a thing that cannot be seen or heard clearly.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Seventh Door Alternative Asymmetrical Pocket Tank - S&G Leather Jacket - Generic Sheer Tights - Seventh Door Over The Knee Socks - Tony Bianco Dodge Boots - Rubi Snuggle Scarf

This is what I wore to my two gorgeous friends' 18th dinner - and everyone, please have a moment before we all freak out that I'm wearing knee-highs over tights. It was cold. Very cold. For Sydney. One of these days, I'll be living in northern Russia or something, so I should probably get out of the habit of dressing like it's Spring when it's not. Though I do love it :)

There are two main things about this post. First is my experimentation with shutter speed and light - I've been playing around with both for a while now, and these are the best results I've gotten so far, which is a bit exciting! I also find it pretty strange how much light can change your face.

Second is this amazing tank/dress thanks to Carrie over at Seventh Door that has the coolest pockets I have ever had the pleasure of wearing - note to new readers: this is saying so so much given my obsession with dresses with pockets. Anything with pockets. The day I discovered pockets behind the pockets of my ski jacket two years ago was a good day. The magenta colour and awesome burnout detail makes it so easily transeasonal too - can't wait to wear this in months to come without the scarf and jacket!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

And speaking of Seventh Door, it's time to announce the lucky Seventh Door giveaway winner who was drawn this afternoon... and... is...

Michelle Elaine of FVNCY

Congrats to you, lovely!

Thank you all so much for entering :) and not to worry if you weren't the lucky winner:
  1. you can still drool over Seventh Door's pretty things HERE
  2. there is another giveaway just around the corner. Quite literally. Permission to get excited!
Hope you're all having a great weekend so far! What have you all been up to?

*love*

xx

47 comments:

hannbokhi said...

Love this skirt!!

luciana said...

Beautiful!

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Really like what your wearing! Great photography experimentations too :)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Andee Layne said...

love the look! great photos! xo

www.andeelayne.blogspot.com

Marika said...

magic
I can feel it.
You are the most stylish ghost ever)))

Check out my projects!
The Fashion Passion
Catwalk Wish
Simple Morning

Inez said...

Congrats michelle elaine!
Nice photo's, love your shoes

Jasiek said...

love that boots! <3

SIMONA said...

those photos are perfect, you actually look pretty much like ghost on some of them :) anyway great job!

http://picnicwithzebra.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

The colour is gorgeous hun. xx

Metka: Matka said...

love the outfit the skirt is amazing

Agnee said...

Your skirt is so amazing!

Unknown said...

i can't decide what to get! suggestions? ;)

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Effi said...

lovely look!

visit anytime:
http://efashionfactor.blogspot.com/

Chrissy Darling said...

the purple underneath is what caught my eye

kelly ann said...

i LOVE the colour of that dress! especially with the black... perfect combination.

chantelle said...

wow! another amazing outfit :) i love your style, you're so gorgeous ♥ that dress is magical & i want your shoes! :)

Unknown said...

your one pretty lady
love the outfit

soph // and other things said...

Such great photos. Love this outfit. Thank tank is the loveliest colour.

said...

Hi, girl! Your look is beautiful!
Thanks for visiting... I will follow u! Follow me too so we keep contact.
Do you understand my posts in portuguese?
Kisses! :)

http://www.pantufinhafashion.blogspot.com

Rosa said...

You're giving us to be excited, I would have even if you hadn't.

Also blurry photography is definitely IN!

Amanda Corrine said...

ummm is that real leather? Its okie if it is just wondering.

Anonymous said...

After a morning of rain in Adelaide I was just trawling for winter inspiration - this is just right! Good luck coping with the rest of winter xxx

K
caughtcouture.com

Lucía said...

Hello beautiful girl.
Thank you for having gone through my blog.
My English is not very good. Sorry

Kiss

Mysterious G. said...

I love the color of your skirt and its shape. (;

www.kingdoofgina.com

Debbie said...

Ohemgee Margaret, you look so stunning (as per usual!) Those pockets are pretty impressive and I LOVE the color of the top. Your photography skills never cease to amaze me :)

Anonymous said...

Love Your style! Your pics are so great!

Aki No Yuutsu said...

ooooh.. the tank is so cool!!!
I like the color too.

fashionfashion said...

love this photo:)

rachel said...

the skirt, tights & boots are perfection together!!

Ateliete Events said...

Hello!
Thanks for your visit!
Woooooooow very nice blog!
The skirt is lovely and the boots super nice.
have a great sunday.
Eliete

eveleo said...

Thank you for your subscription and your kind words. I, too, I looked in on your blog. I need to practice English, to be able to communicate better. Greetings:)
eveleo

Your look is inspiring!

Sophia said...

I love this look!!! The colours and shapes are wonderful!! <3

skiepies.blogspot.com/

Juu Sommi said...

I lover your outfit is so cool. I love this skirt especially this red is so lovely >///<
xoxo juu

Alice said...

nice pics ;]

Ksenia said...

I love your boots!
and of course that skirt- great:)
Thanks for your visit.

Irene said...

love the skirt!
xx

Lin said...

great pics 'nd thanks for the comment ♥
follow eachother?

daniela kate morosini said...

very arty, but i love the shoes :)

Viktorija said...

amazing look and lovely photos! for my surprise, darkness helped you and made these shots so mysterious; )

encrustedhoneycomb.blogspot.com

Seventh Door said...

Love these pics! ;)

xo, carrie

www.shopseventhdoor.com

Poppy said...

Gorgeous outfit !
The shoes are so so perfect and the dress is a lovely colour !

LyddieGal said...

Those are fantastically cool pockets - and I have a love of them as well!

Chic on the Cheap

KIRSTY IRWIN said...

Great photo's!
You look so adorable

xx
Black Adder Fashion

natale eve said...

Love love love this whole look, especially the lighting, etc. Do you photograph your own photos? They're beautiful! Thanks for the sweet comment as well.

annisanican said...

aw you are so gorgeous!
the leather jacket and the 'pocket tank' fit on you perfectly. i love that :D
aha after this i'm gonna find a leather jacket to buy, oyea :D
love your blog :)

btw thx you for the comment, visit my blog again sometime, ok ?
xx

Route Rover said...

i love your beautiful boots!

millemin said...

oh i love the boots!!! *