Friday, 1 July 2011

The day the sun turned cold.

IMG 7901

EVIL TWIN Distressed Denim Vest - Dotti Sleevless Khaki Shirt - Hilda Mae Pleated Skirt - Therapy Shoes Big Ben Boots - YesStyle.com Braided Tote - Vintage Printed Silk Scarf

I had intended to post these last night but of course my internet has taken a turn for the worse and decided it was no longer my friend. Sometimes it worries me how much I depend on technology.

Anyway - this is essentially what I wore yesterday to visit some beautiful PR friends (more on that later) minus the fantastic denim vest (replaced with a leather jacket because it got too damn cold). What I do enjoy about this vest and the sleeveless shirt together is that they both have a really similar shoulder cut, with the shirt extending slightly further so there's a bit of khaki peeking out the ends. On that note, I was discussing the benefits of khaki-and-burgundy combination with Lee and Yan yesterday, and we have come to the conclusion that one does not, in fact, look like a giant cranberry. Burgundy just happens to solve all problems in life - you should try it some time.


IMG 7918
IMG 7928
IMG 7940
IMG 7943
IMG 7896

I got this vintage scarf at a friend's garage sale last weekend and it has been attached to me ever since (some creepy middle-aged businessman in the city certainly appreciated it...). The colour are quite something - I definitely need to play with using it as something other than bag embellishment!

P.S. in these dark hours of snail-pace internet, I would love you eternally if you trotted along to visit the Shine By Three facebook page :)

*love*

xx

24 comments:

Jessica Stein said...

Marg- Your hair looks AMAZING!!!!

Gorgeous post, this made me even more excited to see you.

Xx

Oh my Dior! said...

love your vest is the perfect touch for your outfit!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

alannah. said...

the scarf is so hermes so thats awesome that you picked it up at a garage sale! lovin' the way you tied it around that tote. & i love the pleats in your dress, plus your dress is in my favourite colour atm! & how awesomely distressed is your vest, love it. cuttttte hair too!x



thatsweetaurora.blogspot.com

beryl said...

i love the lighting in these photos and that bag is GORGEOUS

xx, theemeraldsun.blogspot.com

Toyin Lola said...

Great vest

thefashionhoarder.blogspot.com

Market HQ said...

That vest looks awesome on you and the new haircut is super chic. Love it!

xMHQx

Claire M. said...

I like the denim vest

Louisa Cindy said...

I love your scarf and your hair looks amazing <3

xx

Anonymous said...

That vest is so cool! Perfectly shredded :)
Another great ensemble.

Aleena x

https://thepapermannequin.wordpress.com/

Annie Chang said...

dandy vest & heels!

http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

renee said...

Love the distressed denim. Very charming with the skirt;)

Andrés Corella said...

Oh honey I was feeling that vest on you and then I saw the scarf and I died...but no worry I came back! haha...cool outfit..the first picture is really really cute!

xx
Andy
The Black Label

Anonymous said...

beautiful skirt :)

amalie said...

stunning! love your vest and shoes!!
x

AzaharaJStyle (lost in Palma) said...

He baby! I like the bag and wonderful vest

kisses
AzaharaJS

Emily said...

Hair!!!!
xx

Ayanna Michelle said...

Love that denim vest! Obsessed. You look awesome.


Quench Fab

Chahana said...

you never cease to amaze me dear, love your blog!
http://invalerie.blogspot.com/

Floralists said...

Hey you!
It was lovely meeting you today (At the markets!)
You are actually so cute in real life hahahaha

Stay beautiful gurrrrl
xx


animalist.tumblr.com

Adele said...

Hey! I am back! How are you! That denim vest is to die for!!:D

@adelejoanna
moltocuriosa.com

Unknown said...

i love the denim jac and the skrit…
yu look beautiful..")

thuumps up for this outfit.

Elegantly Wasted said...

This skirt is great! The color is perfect for winter. I have a deep bronze/gold one from American Apparel that looks identical & I've been wearing it to death! It's a really great day to night staple for any wardrobe!


X

www.elegantlywastedd.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Increds xxx

fromblank said...

haha i just noticed you cut your hair haha, got i'm slow. looks awesome!

fromblank.blogspot.com