Monday, 22 March 2010

Back Track.

Photobucket
Rony Shram

I thought I'd start the blogging week slightly differently this time round - I had, until the other day, forgotten that blogs are allowed to have birthdays too :) So I did a bit of archival digging up and found that, apparently, Shine By Three's birthday is on May 19 (8 days before my own birthday - which works out quite nicely). I guess, then, I should start counting down the days to my first blog birthday, huh?

Which leads me to this: I was reading my very first blog posts here (memory lane, much) and this photo comes from my third post ever. I was absolutely in love with it at the time, and nothing has changed - it has literally been sitting on my desktop for 10 months and I look at it every so often, wondering if I should a) get a fringe as amazing as that or b) get my act together and buy that amazing eyeshadow/find the exact eyeshadow used - the closest I've found is pretty close and it'd have to be 'Liberace' here.

It makes me happy :) - the simple things, people: the simple. things. (artistic things, of course)

Hope you've all had an excellent start to the week!

*love*

xx

36 comments:

Jane Interrupted said...

Is that Sarah Stevens? She is off-the-planet gorgeous.

I always just wear brown eyeshadow, if any...I should really branch out with colours as beautiful as this one

Natasha Bailie said...

This blog is so dreamy! xx Good Job M xx

Veronica said...

nice pict!
the make up is cool!

The Cheeky girl said...

what a great shoot !

xx
chekey girl

Kathryn Sutton said...

This photo IS amazing, can completely understand why you love it so much. I've just brought the full fringe back so now I think I should get some gorgeous eyeshadow and mimic this look...

Love your blog!

x

http://sparklesmiledance.blogspot.com

brooke said...

aw, happy birthday! this was a great pic :)

xx

Anonymous said...

I guess it transcends time. I love this pic too. That emerald eyeshadow and parted lips. just perfect

Stacy said...

that eyeshadowwwwww woah. what a great colour pop!


xStace

Nicole Jarecz said...

i love this photo. simple yet the eyes are amazing!

Dheyzhere said...

hey..thx for ur nice comments on my blog..
love ur blog too..
i think u r sooo fashion forward..
u have a great style too..
when is ur blog's birthday btw??
1 year anniversary,,exciting..^___~

LA said...

Amazing eyes!




LA

iliketweet said...

Gorgeous photo! And hoorah for finding your blog birthday!

tweet tweet tweet

x

Mary Lee said...

wow that picture is so stunning :)

Unknown said...

this is such a gorgeous photo! I wear turquoise eyeliner every day myself. ;)



ps. if you have time, please take a minute to check out my blog:
http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Today is my blog's bday :)) LOVE that eye shadow!
xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your fist photo! Nice post!

http://keepingupwithglamfashion.blogspot.com/

Melissa~ said...

my birthday is in may too.
the pictures is gorgeous.
Have a great week, and thanks for your comment!

Rianna said...

Get a fringe! they rock!!!
Rianna xxxx

Sandra said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment! It is a really nice post! I'm following!
Sandra

http://dearlookbook.blogspot.com

Ro said...

that eyeshadow is a MUST!
i need it!

Rachel said...

yeah this is gorgeous for sure. if i could pull of either of those style elements i would. but alas im a pale irish lady with a short forehead lol. no bangs or turqouise for me.
hey thanks for visiting my foodie blog. sadly i dont update it enough. i would like to invite you to my fashion/design/all things beautiful blog which i update and contribute to much more regularly
www.littlegirlshinyworld.com
please stop by, and perhaps follow! :)

Mary Lee said...

thankyou for the comment ages ago but you know you said you were following me, it doesn't seem to be saying that on my followers list :/

Sherrie Cola said...

Beautiful picture :)

kimvee said...

Thanks for the comment! Nice blog :)
You can also visit my other blog:

kimvee.blogspot.com

omvintage.etsy.com
ohmyvintage.blogspot.com

esme and the laneway said...

I love this picture!

The Sluice Box said...

What a delightful blog you have. Thanks for visiting mine. -Aaron

Anonymous said...

great blog:D

xoxo
la-michelle-fashion.blogspot.com

la-michelle-fashion.blogspot.com

la-michelle-fashion.blogspot.com

la-michelle-fashion.blogspot.com

K'arhol said...

Followin u !! ( follw me back ?!^^ )

Marta said...

thank you for your loving comment!
i adore this pic so much - gorgeous eyeshadow's colour...

abataba said...

I love your eyeshadow!!

Tash said...

I HAVE A FRINGE! WIN!
:)

Anonymous said...

love the pop of color again her shaggy dark hair. too pretty

Jess said...

Wonderful shade. Wonderful shot. I love it. You should so do a post with this eye makeup

haircutting in high heels said...

The fringe is hot and the eye shadow is killer thank you for stopping by and commenting so glad you did cause now I found your fabulous blog!
xx
Gina

Victoria Jin said...

I love this photo too! the composition is amazing. the colors. everything

xx

Anonymous said...

That green is divine.