Saturday, 13 March 2010

Hermès FW10.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
tfs

With all the flurry over, I realised that I'd forgotten to put my stamp of love on the Hermès collection shown at Paris Fashion Week. Although I found that Mr JPG took a lot of the vibe and staging from his show last year, it still had the gorgeously mysterious and playful take on a concept that was so well chosen. Elementary, my dear Watson. (Apparently Holmes never actually says that in any of the books. How funny).

I've decided that pumpkin orange was nice here - it did remind me a lot of one of the Obama girls' coats at some point in some ceremony - I don't even know :)

I have also decided that Coco Rocha has this amazing presence - it's like she's performing, not walking, every time she hits that runway.

How awesome is that full length coat!?

I know I haven't done any outfits posts as of late! I don't currently have access to a camera of any sort, but I will soon, so bear with me!

Hope you're all having an ace weekend.

*love*

xx

16 comments:

Robbin said...

wow awesome collection!
not really feeling the ensemble (3rd one down), but overall, very solid!

- Robbin
www.hellocreation.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey marge,

love the post, i made one on it last night as well.. well actually this "morning" at 12.30 haa. what can i say? great minds think alike, this reminded me of sherlock too!

new blog.

http://innocentbirdy.blogspot.com

x rena. excited for tomorrow!

Rae said...

Awesome collection! I love the pop of orange! Feel free to stop by my blog!!

<3
FOLLOW:
http://alittle-rae-ofsunshine.blogspot.com/
http://alittle-rae-ofsunshine.blogspot.com/

iliketweet said...

I adore this collection, it's utterly beautiful. That coat is awesooooome!

iliketweet.blogspot

x

mel said...

wow i love this! its very fifties menswear made absolutely amazing in the 21st century...amazing
x

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

shoulderache said...

The only thing that irked me was that they had those same scarves with the pockets at Banana Republic last season. I was expecting to see something a bit more interesting than last-season BR for their show.

Milk. said...

wow pictures, i love the new collection !
xx

monica said...

i want that tiny orange birkin

Jess said...

These pictures are fabulous! I love that second outfit. Love the jacket, the skirt, the shoes, the bag - I love it all!

Great collection!

~Jess

http://CheapButChicClothes.blogspot.com/

Bucca said...

wow I think I am obsessed!

STOCKHOLM AND SOUTH said...

Inspirating pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love this collection!
especially the lupin/sherlock holmes inspired outfits!

fashionismysoulmate.blogspot.com

Rose said...

ahh i love the leopard detailing in the first one :)
hope youve had an ahmazing weekend dear xx

Vanilla said...

I'm still loving animal print, so so much :)

Love vanilla

Anonymous said...

great review, congrats for tonight ;)
x Courtney

Jessica Weingarten said...

Such a great collection, its nice to see Coca Rocha on the runway again!

-Jess
http://darknightholdtight.blogspot.com